Daily Check In November22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In November22, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I've been to my yearly gyno exam. And then went to the grocery. I ran the Roomba before I left, but apparently I did not close the door to my laundry room tightly and it got lost in there.

I am not sure what I will do the rest of the afternoon. This evening I will go to my support group meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I slept a little late today

It is chilly but the sun is out - much nicer than yesterday

I have to get going and continue with my decluttering!!! Clear out that pantry

Please give me some energy!!!

Have a great day
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My neck is slightly uncomfortable today, nothing like yesterday.

Today I hope to work on the bag, the next step is to put in the magnetic snaps.

I also have a dog to sew, I just decided that I am going to make a few wristlet key chains. I found instructions that don’t require the clamp that a friend of my daughter used. I am only making a few for select friends. I don't want to buy the special tool required.

I cut out another Sugar Skull square. I found that i had a complete one while sorting scraps.

Some of my present ideas just didn’t work. That is fine I just think of something else to make.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, frugal friends. A combo of seasonal sinus issues and a reaction to the booster shot (my immune system has a hair-trigger) have me home sick from work today.

I sent my boss a text and went back to sleep for a few hours. Have felt a bit better since then. Sleep is a good healer. I did go up the street to Walgreen's at lunch to replenish our supply of cold and allergy medicines. I had a $3 off coupon for Voltaren gel for arthritis and used it. I would soak in a 55-gallon drum of that gel if that was possible. It truly is a wonder drug. :-D

Going to take some more sinus meds and get comfy on the sofa with the littlest dog for a while. Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:23 am Happy Birthday Patty!!
Thanks Clem!
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good afternoon, frugal friends. I’ve had a busy morning, and it’s been so nice to actually check things off a list. I think the (new) key for me is to break down regular tasks into mini-tasks. Then, when I do get PART of a job finished I can feel some measure of satisfaction, rather than typical disappointment that I cannot do simple jobs that I used to be able to do – in the same way I used to do them. I don’t know if that makes sense, but it does to me, lol.

Anyway, today I have boiled the eggs that will become deviled eggs, made biscuits that will be used in dressing, and dry brined the turkey – which was a big job. Then I thoroughly cleaned the sink. This is the first year I’m trying dry brining, but I think it will help with the flavor and keep my 13-pound bird moist. I have PT at 2:30. My wonderful DH had a gorgeous bouquet of Happy Birthday flowers waiting for me when I got up today, along with a beautiful pair of abalone earrings. an orange kitty ornament, and a book I’ve been wanting to read forever, called Lead Me Home: Hardship and Hope on the Oregon Trail. I’ve been doing all my reading on my phone or Kindle lately, and it will feel good to hold a real book. Anyway, getting all of these wonderful gifts and seeing many birthday wishes on Facebook has brightened my day a lot. I still feel melancholy over my health situation and the fact that neither my brother/SIL nor sister were able to come for Thanksgiving this year. I worry I’ll never see either one of them again…because no one’s health is conducive to a long car trip anymore. Oh well…….I’m trying to push all of that into the background because the truth is, I have so much to be thankful for. And I am.

I didn’t make it to DG on Saturday – it just wasn’t a good day for me to leave the house. But I’ve decided on no shopping this week. We need a few things but nothing urgent. We’ll be fine. I think I’ll make salmon for supper, along with baked sweet potatoes and turnip greens. That’s one of my favorite meals.
Patty