Daily Check in November 23

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in November 23

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning?
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in November 23

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,

Surprised to not yet see a daily thread. I slept in. I want to run to the grocery while things are still quiet. today I want to make 2 pumpkin rolls and some cinnamon rolls.

I need to do some cleaning up around here. Otherwise, not much else is new.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:01 am Hello everyone,

Surprised to not yet see a daily thread. I slept in. I want to run to the grocery while things are still quiet. today I want to make 2 pumpkin rolls and some cinnamon rolls.

I need to do some cleaning up around here. Otherwise, not much else is new.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Slept in here as well Maggie, and not moving too quickly.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

As mentioned in my previous post I really slept in today. This is mainly because I could not fall asleep last night. My brain was whirling so I got up, book in hand and read for an hour or so. Then took some Tylenol as my hip was really aching, and laid on the sectional. Finally after tossing a bit more, I fell asleep. Slept hard and long, something I should not do as now I start the morning aching in every small part of my body. After coffee I am going to do some stretches and walking in the house because believe you me no one wants to see this old lady hobbling down streets.

It is supposed to be another lovely day and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this holds true. As that means I could get out for a shortish walk later in the day.

I am getting very upset with myself as I am so far behind what I had planned to accomplish this month. Perhaps that is why I did not sleep well last night. Any how today I plan on finishing off the oven mitts for the men in my life, start work on the apron for Hubby. I did decide it would be more like a garden apron and will do a bit of applique embroidery on it stating so. Or I might ditch that idea entirely and try something else... I might see if I can scrounge up some flannel and make him a couple of pj bottoms. He has had to ditch at least one pair this past year.

Hopefully I will be getting the cards ready to go by Friday, and some Christmas ornaments on the go. I might just then feel like I am getting caught up. Not really, but if I keep telling myself that perhaps my body will believe it.

I am working on my shopping list and will continue to add to it. Getting low on a few meat items so I hope there is a sale on one or two of them. If not I will stretch what we have.

I have my Tuesday chores and will be using my bread machine to bake a loaf of bread today. Sticking close to home, enjoying being a "homebody" and getting through my list of chores and projects is what I am planning for today.

Supper tonight will be a chicken casserole. I will be hunting for something new and exciting to try. Something that will leave leftovers for Thursday.

Today I am grateful that I get to make choices. Choices in what I eat, choices in what I wear, and even choices in where not to get any sleep. Many people are limited for choices in this world.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Miss Jackielou - try not to be upset with yourself. There are no deadlines that have to be met that will have consequences if they are not. I'm sure your family wouldn't want you stressing.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Nice and sunny out there. A little chilly but not too bad.

I've had one cup of coffee and will start getting ready to drop off the canned goods to the pantry in town.

Then head out to the store again - need to buy more frozen dinners. The COD really liked them. He eats at all weird hours of the night so this is easier than breaking out the pots and pans.

Hope all have a great day.