Daily Check in November 23

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in November 23

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:21 pm They wouldn't sign onto the infrastructure act but are now all out saying how their districts are getting great money and jobs to build their state and area. Hypocrites!!

MJ
The districts with GOP reps and senators who voted against the infrastructure bill should get $0 for projects in their districts. If the bill is so bad, let them explain to their constituents that the unsafe bridges and roads aren’t important.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

I think a lot of corporations and their shareholders are just plain evil.

Thank you for the birthday greeting, Wolf.

Good morning all. I’ve got a warm, sweet sleeping kitty on me, so typing isn’t easy, lol. But I’m not moving him. I think I’ve figured out the thyroid med stuff. DH holds him, I give his ear a quick swipe, then he gets a small treat. He doesn’t much like it, but he doesn’t hate me. We’ve gotten preliminary information on the I-131 radioactive treatment and I think we’re going to do it after the first of the year. It will be worth the cost to have him well and healthy.

I made an appointment for Friday afternoon to get my second shingles dose and my Covid booster. It’ll be good to have it done and behind me. Today I plan on doing a couple more small steps toward the Thanksgiving meal, as well as continuing to do my Christmas decorating. DH got everything down except for the tree/ornaments, and once I have everything else done, we’ll move on to that. I think this probably will be the last year for a big tree; in fact, I’m half a mind to get him to pull down the 4 ft. one instead of the 6 ½ foot one. Although I love having a big tree, I just don’t think I’m up to it anymore. It will still look nice.

Mackie, I hope you can find something to tempt Ollie. They make a lot of different things these days. I bought some squeezable tube-shaped treats from Chewy and Hobbes really likes them. I squeeze out about an inch long ribbon for his after-med treat and he licks it right up like it’s caviar, lol.
Patty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde,

I slept quite well last night, that's good news for me! I didn't WANT to get out of bed until I realized that this morning the prosecution was giving her rebuttal to the three lawyers for the 3 men accused of murdering Ahmaud Arbery.

I got out of bed and watched the closing argument by the prosecution. She did a very good job. THIS judge has been very good, in my opinion. Always calm and reasonable responses to questions by the defense attorneys and the prosecution. I think the one defense lawyer was getting AWFULLY close to the judge's tolerance level by continuously bringing up things like, "We should have so many black pastors in the gallery, how many pastors does a family need?" Or "I hear the black panthers are outside, something should be done to prevent that. The Judge says, "It is a public trial. People are being quiet and respectful in the courtroom and ANYONE is allowed to witness the trial." He's held firm on that. He did move the jury to an inside room for deliberations so as not to be distracted by outside noise/protests but this morning said all was quiet outside the courthouse. I am hoping the jury will be back TODAY. Defense had only the flimsiest explanation for these three murdering Ahmaud Arbery and the prosecution put on a masterful case.

I just watered and took care of my plants. I planted a little pot of lettuce seeds. I hope they germinate and grow. It is my attempt to get a wee Christmas present for Emmitt and Dayton's Guinea Piggies. I know what to get Hunter Kitty. I have seen those play balls, three for under $2.00 and he love to play so they will be good. I still have my glow-in-the-dark owl fabric to make the magic pillow cases for the kids. I just need to go buy less than half a meter of flannel to make the "cuff" on the pillowcase. John and Zoe will be getting some baked goods and some fudge.The other 3 groups to give to all get baked goods. I have most of the ingredients but might need to buy more white sugar.

I didn't get the dishwasher unloaded last night. Got caught up in a Dateline show I had recorded. My friend Sherry and her husband, Jim, have purchase a larger package of Netflix last year so that their son and I could sign in legally. I have a few shows I am watching over there too.

I found another box, hidden in a corner, that came out of storage. It's very small so I will go through that this afternoon and find out what "goodies" are hiding in it for the last 30 years.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

It is cold this morning. My apartment is warm. I had to turn up the heat. But then I turn it down at night so I can sleep better.

Last night I finished a Giraffe, for my daughter.

I cut out a few presents yesterday. Pressed on the interfacing. I need to cut the holes for the magnetic snaps.

I emptied the dishwasher. I have a few thing in it.

Penny
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:31 pm The districts with GOP reps and senators who voted against the infrastructure bill should get $0 for projects in their districts. If the bill is so bad, let them explain to their constituents that the unsafe bridges and roads aren’t important.
Florida,

I'd love to see them try and explain why they aren't getting any funding while their highways and bridges are full of potholes and falling down. Yes, that would be VERY interesting AND also hold them accountable to their constituents instead of their party leaders, Kevin McCarthy, Mitch McConnell and The Former Guy.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:30 am Yes - I am planning on hibernating!!

Took the canned goods to the pantry and also some turkeys. Figured someone would want one. I'm not roasting one this year. Too big for just the two of us.

Hey - maybe crockpot chicken and dressing!!

I'm making a crockpot of beans. Can't believe the COD said that I don't make beans anymore. Made a pot last week, but I guess they are gone and he made me feel guilty - so they are cooking away. :mrgreen:
I would love to cook a turkey this year, but unfortunately don't have the space in my refrigerator. Thinking of checking the grocery store on Thursday in the event they still have a small fresh one available . .. still have to think about it.