Daily Check-in November 24 ,2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-in November 24 ,2021

Post by LWolfT »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:00 pm I use a heavy cotton fabric for the outsides, flannel or pieces of batting for the liners and the heat resistant fabric I bought at Walmart awhile back for the padding.
Thanks, Jackie. I'll have to go through the scrap fabric and see what will work. I'll check on the heat-resistant fabric, too.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:47 am Busy day..cooking and baking.
Looking forward to tomorrow. To all spending Thanksgiving alone this year...just imagine all of your friends here sitting at the table with you. I will be thinking of you all tomorrow.
Thank you, Trees! I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
floridacatlover

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:38 pm Hi all.

To those of you spending Thanksgiving alone, I will join you in spirit as my sister doesn't really celebrate the holiday and has already advised me that she will only be eating two things tomorrow, stuffing and some brussel sprouts. She enjoys telling me how she's going to cut back on food . . . she doesn't eat anything now. I will be roasting two turkey legs, one for tomorrow and one for either Monday or Tuesday. I will have some stuffing as she will be making that, some green beans and a sweet potato. For leftovers, I will have mashed potatoes and yellow turnip. I bought myself a very small slice of cheese cake for Thanksgiving dessert.

Well it looks like December 15 is the day my sister flies the coop. She got the call yesterday that she will be contacted on Monday just for some kind of inspection which is ridiculous and that an appointment will be made for Tuesday for her to pick out an apartment. I'm really happy for her since she wants her own place so badly. She's always been a difficult person to live with so it's just as well that the wait was as quick as it has been because the thought of her being here 2 years . . . well... that being said.

It looks like I can do my "Virtual Christmas" like I had planned without any comments and I'm looking forward to it. I doubt that her leaving on Dec 15 gives me enough time to put up my tree long enough so that I can enjoy it but I have a small one that I can pull out and decorate as part of my " holiday celebration" - decorating the tree and tree lighting celebration. I've already decided definitely on buying Christmas dinner as take out.

Got my Covid booster today so that's done. Treated myself to a small poinsettia as I spotted one that was so pretty I couldn't pass it up despite it being only a 4 inch one.

Going to go for now. Have a wonderful day.
Logics, be sure to keep the poinsettia away from your sister’s cat. It is not deadly but can make the cat sick.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:12 pm Logics, be sure to keep the poinsettia away from your sister’s cat. It is not deadly but can make the cat sick.
Thanks, Florida. I do know about the poinsettia and cats. I have put it out of the way.
floridacatlover

I’m home from mom’s house. I worked for about two hours in the yard and enjoyed it, mostly raking and cleaning up the back corner behind the bougainvillea and another area against the back fence. It turned out to be a nice day.

I put the wreath on mom’s front door but was too tired to get out a few other Christmas things I still have there. I got the Christmas tree bins over to my house. They get heavier every year 😳. I’m not going to put it up until tomorrow.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:14 pm Thanks, Florida. I do know about the poinsettia and cats. I have put it out of the way.
That’s good. You’ll enjoy it. They are beautiful and I might get one for my entrance.