Daily Check-in November 24 ,2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in November 24 ,2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

I saw that the verdict came in guilty for all three of them. I think they were all shocked. They really thought they'd get off on "self-defense." Now to see when they get sentenced.

HELP!!!
I had a 9 inch deep dish pie shell in my freezer since last making pumpkin pie for Canadian Thanksgiving. Today, I made my pumpkin pie for American Thanksgiving. I had to have used a different cookbook as I have filling left over. My question to you all, is what do I do with it? Can I freeze it and later buy tart shells and make little pumpkin pies?

I still have my mini muffins to make. It won't take long though. Zoe told me she bakes them anywhere between 12-15 minutes. I may be hanging out with the littles for my Thanksgiving evening. I'll hear about that later. I'll have little "Grinch Muffins" to take to them if I am going.

Logics,
I am SO HAPPY for you! I wish your sister was out of your house so you could really enjoy your traditional Thanksgiving. I'm so glad you will have freedom for Christmas and New Years. What wonderful news!

Yes. I HATE unloading the dishwasher. LOL At the moment, I unloaded it yesterday and it is currently on the loading side of things. Why is it I don't mind loading it but unloading it is my least favorite chore?

Not sure what supper is tonight. I thawed out a package of meat that John and Zoe gave me. It is a mix of Venison and Pork. I'm thinking of frying up some canned mushrooms, some garlic (I'm out of onions, PHOOEY!) and then add the meat and have it as open faced sandwich halves on a biscuit I made this morning. Guess it will be found out when I start adding stuff! It will kinda be like being in the US Navy again---->Mystery meat!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Eve to all the Yankees in the group!! And a lovely Thursday Eve to Canucks!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

You can bake the filling in an oven safe bowl or container.

I have also done it in the microwave.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:17 pm Good evening,
It is getting dark already at 5:10 PM. Yuck. Yesterday one of the local Meteorologist put out a tweet that in 29 days the daylight hours will start to get longer.

Logics, great news about your sister's place. Amazing how she is taking the offensive position when you are being so generous to allow her to stay with you.

I can pretty much relax tonight. i do have to empty my dishwasher. I understand MJ's dread. LOL!
Tomorrow morning I will pack up my goodies and my computers and head over to Mom and Dad's and work form there. I looked at the schedule before I signed off and I will be working alone. No big deal, it should be quiet. I made a list of things I need to do.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie
yea the winter solstice - thankfully the days will get longer. It is so weird that it is dark at 6pm!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My nephew called and said he is bringing us turkey plates and desserts tomorrow!!!

WooHoo - no cooking here. Thank the Lord

I told my family that I am finally a member of the viejita club - old lady club - :mrgreen:

And I love it!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:10 pm You can bake the filling in an oven safe bowl or container.

I have also done it in the microwave.

Penny
Thank you Penny! I'll give that a go tomorrow. I love p;umpkin pie and having it crustless? Even better as I like the filling the most!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:07 pm My nephew called and said he is bringing us turkey plates and desserts tomorrow!!!

WooHoo - no cooking here. Thank the Lord

I told my family that I am finally a member of the viejita club - old lady club - :mrgreen:

And I love it!
Sounds wonderful, Clem. Enjoy it.