Daily Check-in November 24 ,2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in November 24 ,2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Yuck - not as much energy today as like yesterday. Feeling sluggish

Making breakfast to see if that will help. Coffee did not help - lol

So probably just sticking here at home today. It is kind of gloomy out there - not sunny and bright

Hope all have a great day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:08 pm Good afternoon!
It's 40 or 45, depending on the forecaster ... and cloudy.

Running through my to-do list for today. Pulled the meat off some baked chicken drumsticks and have a small pot of broth going.

Also just changed my Medicare drug plan to one that's cheaper. Since I fortunately don't have any prescription meds, and the deductible is the same, might as well save $$ on premiums.

Think I will blanch the Brussels sprouts for tomorrow's dinner and save some time. (Going to sauté them with garlic)

Jackie, what materials do you use for oven mitts? I can't find any small mitts, so I may have to sew my own.

Mackie, I'm noticing empty shelves in the cat food aisles here, too. Went to PetSmart with a coupon ... empty shelves for the brand my guys eat. Even Amazon has more out-of-stocks than usual. I'll probably put in a Target order on Friday, since my canned stock is running a bit low.

Also hoping things are OK with Kitty.
I use a heavy cotton fabric for the outsides, flannel or pieces of batting for the liners and the heat resistant fabric I bought at Walmart awhile back for the padding.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:29 pm I have been busy this morning.

I had enough points to order a free book so I did.

I also downloaded a couple of free patterns.

I cut out squares to make more mug mats. I also cut out the interfacing.

I cut and placed the magnetic catches on my bag.

I have a dress wash in the dryer. Folded and put away 2 bins of fabric. Decided to get rid of some fleece.

Penny
Penny how do you attach those magnetic catches?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning!
Cold days are here. Heater has been running more the past few days. It started getting cold last Friday night when some friends and I were at out local playoff football game. Our high school lost to a neighboring high school in a very close game. I was thankful the stands were full all around me which helped ease the frigid conditions.

I have been on Thanksgiving break from work. I am trying to get caught up on everything that was let go while I was sick. Today I start making a few sides for our Thanksgiving meal. I was able to find a small 8 pound turkey since there will only be three of us. DS works tomorrow but will be off at three when the store closes. DD will likely arrive here tomorrow around noonish.

Very strange, I have found myself eating less the past few months. Unfortunately no weight loss yet in spite of that and being active about 2 hours a day at my job. But eating less means less money spent on food and that's fine by me. I have done very little grocery shopping this month.

I was hoping to be able to cut some of my medications at some point but instead I have to take more, mainly due to the old compression fractures in my back. I am even taking that weekly medication that Jackie takes; I just started that. I guess at 70 medicines are a fact of life.

I hope we hear from Kitty and Colonial Girl and Aunt Bridget soon.

Anyway off to see what I can get in to.

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well i got dressed

Thought about making this a pajama day - but nah

Next year I think I will do the volunteer thing on Thanksgiving. Really won't be doing much tomorrow.

Maybe I should go to mass?
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all.

To those of you spending Thanksgiving alone, I will join you in spirit as my sister doesn't really celebrate the holiday and has already advised me that she will only be eating two things tomorrow, stuffing and some brussel sprouts. She enjoys telling me how she's going to cut back on food . . . she doesn't eat anything now. I will be roasting two turkey legs, one for tomorrow and one for either Monday or Tuesday. I will have some stuffing as she will be making that, some green beans and a sweet potato. For leftovers, I will have mashed potatoes and yellow turnip. I bought myself a very small slice of cheese cake for Thanksgiving dessert.

Well it looks like December 15 is the day my sister flies the coop. She got the call yesterday that she will be contacted on Monday just for some kind of inspection which is ridiculous and that an appointment will be made for Tuesday for her to pick out an apartment. I'm really happy for her since she wants her own place so badly. She's always been a difficult person to live with so it's just as well that the wait was as quick as it has been because the thought of her being here 2 years . . . well... that being said.

It looks like I can do my "Virtual Christmas" like I had planned without any comments and I'm looking forward to it. I doubt that her leaving on Dec 15 gives me enough time to put up my tree long enough so that I can enjoy it but I have a small one that I can pull out and decorate as part of my " holiday celebration" - decorating the tree and tree lighting celebration. I've already decided definitely on buying Christmas dinner as take out.

Got my Covid booster today so that's done. Treated myself to a small poinsettia as I spotted one that was so pretty I couldn't pass it up despite it being only a 4 inch one.

Going to go for now. Have a wonderful day.