Daily Check-in November 24 ,2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Daily Check-in November 24 ,2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Good morning toute le monde!

I am just starting things off. This morning? I am going to make coffee first thing.

Be right back.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in November 24 ,2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute mes amis!

Got the coffee started and looking forward to it. I am going to make some of those fluffy baking powder biscuits for breakfast. I'll have them available for supper with either soup or something. :-)

I'm not completely certain of what I'll get up to today. I know I have to bake my pumpkin pie for tomorrow. That will not take too long to put together as I have a pre-made deep dish crust. I'm thinking of making some Pistachio Muffins in a "baby muffin" pan that I have. I'll have to ask Zoe how long she bakes them for, it can't be very long. She makes them quite a bit for the kids lunches and snacks.

I'll have the news on whatever I end up doing. The jury might come back in on that trial of those three guys who murdered Ahmaud Arbery and I want to hear the results. I am hoping they find them all guilty. But that's me. Gotta see what the jury decides.

Clem,
I checked the price of the rice flavoring on Amazon. YIKES!! A box of 4 packages is $30!! I'm hoping they have it at the grocery store or I'll get some Knorr beef cubes. I have a box of chicken ones already. I'm so ready to make them and enjoy them ZOWZA!!

We had a new Mexican food restaurant open in town. It's not in an open location that isn't in a high traffick area. On Tuesdays they have tacos for only $2/each. I think I could go treat my self to a couple when they are on sale for Taco Tuesday.

I haven't started my grocery list for next week (except for the goodies I need for Clem's beans!). I'll pay the bills and see what the remainder is and then kind of break it down into what I need to make big pots of stuff for cheap. I know I need to get rice again but that's the only "for sure" item so far.

I can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving!! Of course, being in Canada, I get "Canadian Thanksgiving" and my "American Thanksgiving." I'm not sure what I am eating tomorrow but I do have enough left in the bank this month to maybe buy a cheap turkey/chicken TV dinner that I would serve on my Royal Albert China (Bronte pattern for the Author Emily Bronte!).

I hope everyone has a good day out there!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Now I know that all my aches the past few days were due to a sudden temperature change and our snow. Yep, overnight we dropped from above freezing to well below freezing, throw in a bit of wind and snow and winter has sort of started. The reason I say sort of started is that by Friday temperatures are supposed to rise to well above freezing and the snow will be gone by Saturday. I think Mother Nature had a bit too much to drink.

Late this afternoon we are taking the vehicle in to get the winter tires put on. I hate those late appointments as when we get the call to pick them up I am right in the middle of preparing supper. Oh well at least tonight is just a warm up meal.

Got the third pair of oven mitts finished and will start sewing up the gardening apron today. It is simple sewing, so hopefully I can finish it today. I will search my fabric stash (I have an idea) and see if I can find some fabric suitable for sleep pants as well. May as well get a pair of those made for Hubby too. Perhaps even today if things roll right. Knitting in the evening will round out my day, and hopefully in bed asleep for a change at the usual time. Lately sleep has been elusive, hence the late check ins.

Today's household tasks? Well here on the old homestead I will be working on the grocery list, dusting, stripping the bedding and remaking the bed, taking the vehicle in for it's appointment, and washing rags. Not a great deal, so I should have enough time to actually get finished the sewing.

I am hoping to get a letter soon from the provincial health region telling me to make an appointment at our portable mammogram van when it comes in January. Not something I like getting done, but something that must be done to stay safe. If I do not get one soon I have the number and will be phoning.

No sign of anything from the guy who says he wants to buy the lot in the small town where Dad lived and my brothers do live. I really don't think he is that enthused about the whole thing. But knowing my brother he has probably gone and asked him again why he has not followed through on the purchase.

Well supper tonight is going to be a container of leftover stew and this time I am making dumplings!!!

Today I am grateful that everything looks so nice and clean outside with that layer of snow.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. There's no one in the office this morning but me. My lovely boss is taking the day off and expects we'll actually be released at noon. I've been drinking tea, reading e-mail, coughing a lot and listening to U2's greatest hits on the CD player. Probably best I am by myself! :-D

I have leftovers for lunch. We may be sent home early today, possibly at noon but maybe around 2 p.m., which would be great as I can get a jump on dessert making for tomorrow and do some laundry.

Off to get more tea. Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning it is 47 F and overcast. We have winds at 22 mph with gusts up to 30 to 35 mph.

This morning I need to make cornbread so that I can let it dry out to make cornbread dressing tomorrow. I am having a baked chicken instead of turkey. I have decided not to make pumpkin pie and instead will make a gluten free pumpkin bread using a box mix. Also need to make my raw cranberry salad. It has to sit overnight and allow the cranberries to marinade with the sugar, pineapple, and mini marshmallows overnight. Not much else planned. Although I am really looking forward to Friday. I will switch out my Thanksgiving decorations and start to put up Christmas decorations and my tree

Have a good day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Mackie, I hope that you do get to go home early. I remember those days. It sounds like the food you ordered for Ollie cat will be good. The Publix shelves for wet cat food are almost always very empty. There was a period in the summer when things were good but then it became difficult.

It was a very cool morning here but it’s sunny and will get to the low 70s. So later I’ll go to mom’s house and do something in the yard. Then I’ll get the Christmas tree bins from the garage. Like Patty, I’m going to do my decorating a little at a time.

I will be by myself for Thanksgiving which is fine. Neighbors who usually invite me are in Germany for a wedding. I plan to bake chicken thighs, dressing, green bean casserole and mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. I’d like to have pumpkin pie but I don’t want a whole one so will skip it.

Kitty has not posted in several days. I hope she is OK. She has had a stressful few weeks.

Have a good day.