Daily Check-in November 24 ,2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in November 24 ,2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:29 pm I have been busy this morning.

I had enough points to order a free book so I did.

I also downloaded a couple of free patterns.

I cut out squares to make more mug mats. I also cut out the interfacing.

I cut and placed the magnetic catches on my bag.

I have a dress wash in the dryer. Folded and put away 2 bins of fabric. Decided to get rid of some fleece.

Penny
Penny I really admire all of the sewing and knitting projects that you are working on. Wish I had 1/2 of the ambition you have and 99% of your talent. You go girl!
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Logics, that is great news about your sister getting her own place so soon! I am happy dancing for you, hon.

We were turned loose for the day about 20 until 1 p.m. I came home and made the gluten-free banana pudding, a pan of brownies and a small apple crisp because DH loves it so. Also did my laundry.

DS reminded us it was Thanksgiving morning last year that the house on the next street caught fire. It was not occupied and it took until last week for the city to declare it abandoned and tear it down. No one seems to know what happened to the owner: the car was in the carport and the house was furnished, but no one had lived there for a long time. It remains a very odd situation, but at least the burned out house is gone.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:38 pm Hi all.

To those of you spending Thanksgiving alone, I will join you in spirit as my sister doesn't really celebrate the holiday and has already advised me that she will only be eating two things tomorrow, stuffing and some brussel sprouts. She enjoys telling me how she's going to cut back on food . . . she doesn't eat anything now. I will be roasting two turkey legs, one for tomorrow and one for either Monday or Tuesday. I will have some stuffing as she will be making that, some green beans and a sweet potato. For leftovers, I will have mashed potatoes and yellow turnip. I bought myself a very small slice of cheese cake for Thanksgiving dessert.

Well it looks like December 15 is the day my sister flies the coop. She got the call yesterday that she will be contacted on Monday just for some kind of inspection which is ridiculous and that an appointment will be made for Tuesday for her to pick out an apartment. I'm really happy for her since she wants her own place so badly. She's always been a difficult person to live with so it's just as well that the wait was as quick as it has been because the thought of her being here 2 years . . . well... that being said.

It looks like I can do my "Virtual Christmas" like I had planned without any comments and I'm looking forward to it. I doubt that her leaving on Dec 15 gives me enough time to put up my tree long enough so that I can enjoy it but I have a small one that I can pull out and decorate as part of my " holiday celebration" - decorating the tree and tree lighting celebration. I've already decided definitely on buying Christmas dinner as take out.

Got my Covid booster today so that's done. Treated myself to a small poinsettia as I spotted one that was so pretty I couldn't pass it up despite it being only a 4 inch one.

Going to go for now. Have a wonderful day.
Logics... I am so happy for you that your sister will be moving in to her own place so soon.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Vehicle is in and getting the tires changed. Should be done in about an hour.

I got the apron done and cut down some more knit strips for the rug. Hopefully I can get at that again soon.

I got appointments booked for our booster shots and we will be good come Christmas visiting time. That is a relief.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by Jackielou » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:02 pm

itspennyc wrote: ↑Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:29 am
I have been busy this morning.

I had enough points to order a free book so I did.

I also downloaded a couple of free patterns.

I cut out squares to make more mug mats. I also cut out the interfacing.

I cut and placed the magnetic catches on my bag.

I have a dress wash in the dryer. Folded and put away 2 bins of fabric. Decided to get rid of some fleece.

Penny

Penny how do you attach those magnetic catches?
The magnets I bought are EveryThing Mary. They come in 2 sizes. I found instructions here:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/787496684849329709/

It is very easy. and free.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good evening,
It is getting dark already at 5:10 PM. Yuck. Yesterday one of the local Meteorologist put out a tweet that in 29 days the daylight hours will start to get longer.

Logics, great news about your sister's place. Amazing how she is taking the offensive position when you are being so generous to allow her to stay with you.

I can pretty much relax tonight. i do have to empty my dishwasher. I understand MJ's dread. LOL!
Tomorrow morning I will pack up my goodies and my computers and head over to Mom and Dad's and work form there. I looked at the schedule before I signed off and I will be working alone. No big deal, it should be quiet. I made a list of things I need to do.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie