Daily Check-in November 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in November 25, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in November 25, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Happy American Thanksgiig to Logics and all.

I am up and packed to go to work from Mom and Dad's. I have almost an hour until I go.

DS2 will stop by early for a quick visit. He is supposed to be his Dad's at Noon. DS1 and family will be joining us, DB2 & DSIL as well as Mom and Dad for dinner.

Then I will go with DS1 and family to DDIL's mother's for dinner.

Have a wonderful day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate today. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

I has warmed up some here this morning. Not much only 3 degrees, but it is a start. Supposedly what snow we received will be melted by the end of the weekend. It seems we have entered a weather cycle.

Today is the last Bible study meeting. Next week we will meet in the evening and break bread together while we discuss what we would like to do next. Depending on what the study is next time, I may take a bit of a break. We shall see as there are not very many of those I started with, just me and another gentleman. People started to leave with the second study I helped with and the loss of good people continues still. I have a feeling that part of the reason is the new people who have joined. They seem to be a bit more on the bossy side, and perhaps, dare I say it, to think they are slightly better than the rest of us.

Not much is happening here on the old homestead. I have a few things on my list to accomplish today so will get those done quickly. I will also get some letters that need writing done and perhaps even in the right Christmas cards. Those will be done up today as well.

Tomorrow is shopping day and I have been putting the final touches on the lists. Pretty much all the meat I hoped would be on sale is on sale. Now I just have to hope it is all on the shelves when I get there. I think I have everything, but will go over the list and make sure.

Not only will the Christmas cards hopefully be completed, but I want to cut out a pair of sleep pants for Hubby. That could be the last sewing project needed for Christmas giving. Unless I think of something else. Moving on to finish the month out with the cards, some baking and crafting of ornaments for the trees and perhaps for the front deck.

Supper tonight will be the leftover chicken casserole type meal I made on Tuesday. The side will more than likely be green beans.

Today I am grateful that I cook from scratch and the vast majority of our meals are made by me at home. Especially since yesterday the province announced 19 cases of Covid-19 in our small area of the province. We actually had the same number of cases as the capital, and my little subsection of the area had the most of the whole section.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate today. Enjoy your day.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Happy Thanksgiving to all my frugal American friends! I hope you all have a wonderful day, whether celebrated alone or with family.

I am just leaving with Dh to go with him for his CPAP consultation. He’s very excited because FedEx delivered his main Christmas gift - a new to him golf club. Gently used in other words.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Was invited to go to Granddaughters for Thanksgiving dinner and was looking forward to going. But got up sick Tuesday morning, and didn’t eat all day and blacked out Wednesday morning going to bathroom. Hit the commode with my left side, only minor bruises to elbow and shoulder, but am still to weak to go anywhere. I do have Jim, my son in law to thank for coming everyday to take care of goats and dogs. And me! Have a wonderful day everyone!