Daily Check In November 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In November 26, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:05 pm Are you the youngest in your family, Clem? How many siblings? I know that your oldest brother died earlier this year/late last year. I am sorry that your sisters are having so much illness. That must be hard to watch.
I am number 9 of 11.

Yes - hard to see this.

Can't imagine what my cousins have gone through. My mom's only sibling's children. There were 6 but now down to 3. Lost two this year!!!

But that is life. Have to be prepared and accept it sadly.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

jckitty wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm Just a quick note to let you know I have to be away from the forum for a bit.
Too much going on that is not good for my family and i am trying to help as best I can.
I really cannot go into any explanation.
Prayers please.
JCKitty
Oh no - big hug to you. Hope everything works out. Will pray for you.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jckitty wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm Just a quick note to let you know I have to be away from the forum for a bit.
Too much going on that is not good for my family and i am trying to help as best I can.
I really cannot go into any explanation.
Prayers please.
JCKitty
Definitely prayers JCKitty going out for you and your family.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:52 pm
[snip]
I was amazed at the people driving up and unloading - lots of families. They were not going to be stuck at home cooking. They were going to spend their Thanksgiving week at the beach - sounded so nice.

My sibling is in Florida and my older sister asked - are they going to cook there? I said - when you are on vacation - you do not cook! :mrgreen:

[snip]
My mother does... Or has. She says she is starting to understand why so many people no longer cook. She does keep easy to prepare foods in her freezer, some she batch cooks and others pre-packaged things, usually from Trader Joes.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I don't cook. Much I rely on schwans
I get pre packaged things and frozen meals and I cook large meals in the slow cooker and freeze them.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Yesterday I was worn out so I did not do much. I am doing better today so plan on decorating the tree and doing some housework. I also need to read up on a couple of new pills I am taking to see if one of them is causing some stomach irritation.

I cannot believe how fast this week has gone by. I tried to slow it down which was somewhat successful. I no longer pack lots of activities into my retirement. I am content to stay home, putter around the house and watch TV. I am into Star Trek and now watching the second series "The New Generation" I have gotten so hooked. My one small luxury is spending on streaming TV. But since it means I do that instead of driving around, shopping, etc. its worth it.

I will be back to work on Monday for three weeks then it's Christmas break for 2 weeks. I will be trying to slow that time down as well. Perhaps if I curtail my grazing that will help. For breakfast I had half of a turkey and cheese sandwich DS had made but did not eat. I like to open the refrigerator door and find food already prepared for me. :mrgreen:

Thanksgiving was nice and quiet. I only had a 8.5 pound turkey and made a few servings of sides so very few leftovers. I will be making the turkey broth into gravy so perhaps some hot turkey sandwiches for the weekend. SS was here and helped me care for my plants because she is the expert. I was also able to talk her into putting the lights on the tree. I told her I would take care of the ornaments which is the fun part for me. I will do that today.

So two more quiet days and then back to work. It will be so cold when I get up and leave. But only three hour shifts so I am home by 11. Works for me.

Have a good day everyone.

Bev