Daily Check In November 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 26, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The Eggplant Parma is warming in the fridge, and I got about half way through a complete pattern on the knitted blanket. My thumb joint started hurting so I put on my elastic brace to give the joint support. I am taking a break and hopefully after supper will be able to finish the rest of the pattern.

I cut out the sleep pants for Hubby and will probably sew those in the afternoon tomorrow. I couldn't find fabric at Walmart so I used an old flat flannel sheet. I think there might be enough fabric to make me a nightie. We would be a matching pair then. Wouldn't we look cute some mornings.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Happy belated day after. Patty, first let me say I am learning what I cannot do. I used to be the " get the chores out of the way type! Now I bread up my day with household stuff just like walking as I can only do so much at a time.

Went to daughter snd son in laws yesterday and had all the fixing and visited and watched football. Had wierd dreams last night. I did pike up most of the fall stuff today and my daughter will come on Sunday to pull out all my christmas boxes. I also put laundry away.

On the 12th we are going to see West side story and make gingerbread houses.

I had a wahataburger meal.whrn I ran to gey a small grocery order today. That awesome two bi my fitness pal days. Back counting g and working out tomorrow. I'm not atarving after the burger but I know if I don't eat something now I wont be able to sleep....so off to some turkey leftovers and knitting and reading.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I have one older sibling with heart issues. Still chugging along, but has lost a lot of weight and of course moves around slowly. Still drives a little - only local. Did hire someone to clean her house and drive her to appointments.

Now other sibling was diagnosed with lymphoma. Was doing treatments, but not chemo

At last appointment - things not going well. Has spread. So this week will start more aggressive treatments to include chemo.

They are twins. First twin also had lymphoma years ago.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I had a difficult afternoon with Pippi. When I picked her up to put her in the carrier for her vet visit, she was limp as a rag even though the sedative was the same that I’ve been giving her. Broke my heart and I was close to tears at the vet. The vet nurse was a new young man. (I knew his name from gathering info for the gift cards.) When he returned Pippi to the car, we talked a bit. He was very kind. He said he had read Pippi’s chart and could tell she was a fighter. It made me feel good. She was better when we got home and ate well but she is at her lowest weight. I’ll see how she is over the weekend. Yesterday was such a good day and today not so good.

I decided to go to Publix and not wait until Monday in part because it will be cold. After hearing about the new Covid variant I bought another pack of tp. I need paper towels but Publix does not have a good, reasonably priced product. I may do a Walmart order soon. I’m going to be more cognizant of keeping a decent supply of certain items.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

We were down at the coast this last Friday and Saturday. Attending a playoff football game there for our local town

The teams in the playoffs meet in neutral locations - sort of in the middle.

Anyway - we lost, but we had a nice little visit

My sister took us to the condos they had rented a few months ago. Huge building. We went inside and looked around and thought about renting for a week getaway

I was amazed at the people driving up and unloading - lots of families. They were not going to be stuck at home cooking. They were going to spend their Thanksgiving week at the beach - sounded so nice.

My sibling is in Florida and my older sister asked - are they going to cook there? I said - when you are on vacation - you do not cook! :mrgreen:

Hey even sibling that lives by the beach didn't cook. They went out to eat for Thanksgiving and made sure to tip the servers well for being there!

Any day can be Thanksgiving!!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:51 pm I have one older sibling with heart issues. Still chugging along, but has lost a lot of weight and of course moves around slowly. Still drives a little - only local. Did hire someone to clean her house and drive her to appointments.

Now other sibling was diagnosed with lymphoma. Was doing treatments, but not chemo

At last appointment - things not going well. Has spread. So this week will start more aggressive treatments to include chemo.

They are twins. First twin also had lymphoma years ago.
Are you the youngest in your family, Clem? How many siblings? I know that your oldest brother died earlier this year/late last year. I am sorry that your sisters are having so much illness. That must be hard to watch.