Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:25 pm Hi everyone,

I spent the morning dealing with low priority alerts for work and have reached a stopping point. I've go the Ohio state-Michigan game on. the bucks need to step it up.

I wish I had something to do this evening. i need to get our of my place for a bit. But I am off work until Next Friday. Almost done burning my PTO. This is not going to happen next year. I have it in my mind that I want to take week a quarter. I am trying to find a travel companion or a place I am comfortable going by myself for a week. I want to go somewhere warmer than Ohio in Late Jan/Feb. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have great Saturday,
Maggie
I know that your family generally goes to the Atlantic coast of Florida, but we have some beautiful places on the Gulf coast! At that time of year we can’t guarantee warm weather but it is warmer than Ohio. My area has beautiful beaches and quite a bit to do - and we could hang out part of the time.

South of me (and a bit warmer) a place I like is Sanibel Island (shelling capital of the world - supposedly). It is an island but linked by a bridge. It is much more natural and uncommercialized compared to many places in Florida.

Further north on the Atlantic coast of Florida is St. Augustine near Jacksonville. I also like Charleston, S.C. (haven’t been there in years). Savannah is lovely but I’ve heard there is a fair amount of crime. (Friend’s husband got a job there but they only stayed a year, didn’t like it.)
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:10 pm I know that your family generally goes to the Atlantic coast of Florida, but we have some beautiful places on the Gulf coast! At that time of year we can’t guarantee warm weather but it is warmer than Ohio. My area has beautiful beaches and quite a bit to do - and we could hang out part of the time.

South of me (and a bit warmer) a place I like is Sanibel Island (shelling capital of the world - supposedly). It is an island but linked by a bridge. It is much more natural and uncommercialized compared to many places in Florida.

Further north on the Atlantic coast of Florida is St. Augustine near Jacksonville. I also like Charleston, S.C. (haven’t been there in years). Savannah is lovely but I’ve heard there is a fair amount of crime. (Friend’s husband got a job there but they only stayed a year, didn’t like it.)
Thanks, Savannah and Charleston are both on my list. My parents have done the west coast before. For some reason Dad has decided he likes that Atlantic coast better. I have not been to Fl that much, Daytona, Orlando and Cocoa Beach are about it.
floridacatlover

I finished putting the lights on my tree. Whew! Every year I say the same thing - next year I’m getting a prelit tree. But now it’s done. I’ll put on the ornaments tomorrow.

I also finished my puzzle. For the first time I had a duplicate piece. That’s better than having a missing piece.

Pippi is quiet but eating well. She’s using a piece of cardboard that I had wrapped the lights on for a pillow.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:13 pm Thanks, Savannah and Charleston are both on my list. My parents have done the west coast before. For some reason Dad has decided he likes that Atlantic coast better. I have not been to Fl that much, Daytona, Orlando and Cocoa Beach are about it.
Read up on St. Augustine. Lots of history there and right on the coast.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:59 pm well I got lucky for dinner

A lady that sells egg rolls and shrimp fried rice, told me to get over to her drop off point today. She was supplying me with both at no cost. I help her out with stuff sometimes

I am taking her a bag of unshelled pecans. The COD was thrilled about having shrimp fried rice!
Yum! So nice of her to share and you to give her something as well. I know around here whenever my SIL would invite someone over to dinner they might bring 2 dozen eggs are something from their garden or orchard.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:29 pm Mackie, I've had good luck with towels from Target. Bought some of the inexpensive hand towels to replace worn ones. They are pretty good quality for the price, and wash well.
We went to Ollie's Outlet and bought some Cannon bath and hand towels for him. While we were there, we found some treats safe for Lily Dog and a toy truck suitable for the toddler boy who is DH's Angel Tree child this year. So it was a good outing.

I forgot to look at bathmats while at Ollie's, but found some on sale on Amazon. That worked out because there were a couple of things I can't find anywhere else that I had to order as well.
Mackie