Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in November 27, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:16 pm Read up on St. Augustine. Lots of history there and right on the coast.
DH and I loved St. Augustine. We went one year between spring break and the bikers, and it was awesome. We did a lot of walking, stayed in a marvelous old hotel, and visited the most beautiful clean and wild beach, which was not swimmable due to dangerous marine creatures, and thus was empty.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:26 pm We went to Ollie's Outlet and bought some Cannon bath and hand towels for him. While we were there, we found some treats safe for Lily Dog and a toy truck suitable for the toddler boy who is DH's Angel Tree child this year. So it was a good outing.

I forgot to look at bathmats while at Ollie's, but found some on sale on Amazon. That worked out because there were a couple of things I can't find anywhere else that I had to order as well.
i purchased some beautiful towels at Tuesday Morning. Loved that place.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

OMG - picked up the food - servings are huge. Egg rolls are yummy. :D
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:13 pm So every brain cell I ever had (both of them, lol) has left for parts unknown and I have just finished gluing together wrapped peppermint candies - hundreds of them - to make garland for my peppermint themed Christmas tree. Now melting pans of peppermints in the oven to make peppermint plates to hold Christmas chocolates. Move over, Martha Stewart. -)
Martha Stewart had better step up her game you are now the champ. I would love to see the peppermint plates.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I can't seem to concentrate today, though I did get all the glitter inside the ornaments and got all the household chores done.

I did not sew the pj bottoms, but did get my little tree out of the box and shaped.

I was going to make Cream of Celery soup, but couldn't even get up the mojo to do that.

However a container of my homemade Beef veggie soup is on the stove, and some tuna salad melding flavours in the fridge.

Hopefully I will want to knit tonight.....
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

Been busy all day including one of my most hated tasks - cleaning the oven and burners. But at least for a day the stove is now sparkling! Laundry all completed and put away. And all Christmas gifts bought have now been wrapped! And the kitchen sinks bleached and then cleaned out.

I had a chat with my step Mom and she feels the time to live in an assisted living facility is fast approaching. She’s hoping to move back to Manitoba. So sad when a person reaches that stage.

Dh spent some money at Home Hardware today and bought me a nice serving spoon as a stocking stuffer. I didn’t personally spend anything but in actuality it all comes out of the same pot. All meals eaten at home, so every little bit helps.

Now going to relax. Have a peaceful sleep everyone!
Creative