Daily Check In November 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
snowangel729

Re: Daily Check In November 28, 2021

Post by snowangel729 »

Evening ladies,

I can't sleep here so I was up catching up on what has been going on. Today we put up our tree and rearranged our house to do so. It seems like we have much more room in our living room now. I have been working on some decluttering. I was given a beautiful set up new to me bakeware so I'm gifting my old to my mother. I also am giving her my old recliner. We've been doing this and that to declutter and make our home more for us. DH and I talked about moving but decided it was in our best interest to stay put and work down my school loans and the mortgage rather than add more debt. So we are practicing making more with less. Im back at work tomorrow but I did enjoy the 4 day break. DS will be back at school and DH will be doing typical cleaning and stay at home dad stuff.

Nothing too exciting.

Wishing yall the best
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:54 pm When you get the first one, mark it as spam so it goes to your junk mail folder and you will not have to see them.
Oh I will. I just hate the fact that they now have my information. UGH.
Patty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I plan on cooking my chicken this morning. I haven’t checked yet to see if I have the giblets or not. If not I will still cook the neck and tail to get broth to use for the stuffing.

I will be making mashed potatoes with the instant mashed, and cooking my sweet potato.

Last night I finished one mug mat, I still have several to go.
If your email provider has the ability to hide your email they won't have your email address.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:48 am Good morning friends. Snow on the ground and snow is falling! I heard the plow truck go by in the wee hours. Up with the dogs around 6. They went out and we are all back in bed. My coffee is wonderful this morning.
I have more sweet potatoes to use up. Not so many that I need to freeze them. I'm going to make my version of a "sweet potato fritter" - I googled it, wondering if there is even such a thing - there is. That will make a nice breakfast on this cold, snowy day.

I got my Christmas tree up and decorated last evening, using the peppermint garland I made, lots of candy canes and only red and white ornaments. I like it. Other than some cooking and/or baking for the coming week, I plan on a slow, easy day. Tomorrow is back to work and I'm going to be honest and say that it makes me anxious. I will also go out and scrape off my car and move it so it's facing out of the driveway - less I have to worry about tomorrow morning.

Off to see if I can knock out a few surveys while the dogs are still snoozing. Have a good day.
Sheila you Christmas tree sounds very festive.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 am Good morning friends.

It is a chilly morning here by Florida standards.

Today I plan to decorate my tree. I have already put out much of my Christmas decor and linens but there are a few other things. This week I will give the thank you cards to the vet staff so will begin writing short personalized notes today. I am not sure if I’ll give them at our next appointment on Tuesday or make a special trip on Wednesday, Pippi’s birthday according to me.

I’ve done nothing about Christmas cards but that will have to wait a few more days. I plan to dismantle my puzzle and maybe start one of the Christmas puzzles I bought a month or two ago. The one I’ll start first is a 1,000-piece Christmas stamps jigsaw puzzle.

Pippi had a good day yesterday and ate well. She is quiet but still interested in things and tries to climb around as best she can. So I’m feeling good today.

Have a good day.
Florida Cat good to hear Pippi has perked up a bit..
Janet Alliesmama