Daily Check In November 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Daily Check In November 28, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning friends. Snow on the ground and snow is falling! I heard the plow truck go by in the wee hours. Up with the dogs around 6. They went out and we are all back in bed. My coffee is wonderful this morning.
I have more sweet potatoes to use up. Not so many that I need to freeze them. I'm going to make my version of a "sweet potato fritter" - I googled it, wondering if there is even such a thing - there is. That will make a nice breakfast on this cold, snowy day.

I got my Christmas tree up and decorated last evening, using the peppermint garland I made, lots of candy canes and only red and white ornaments. I like it. Other than some cooking and/or baking for the coming week, I plan on a slow, easy day. Tomorrow is back to work and I'm going to be honest and say that it makes me anxious. I will also go out and scrape off my car and move it so it's facing out of the driveway - less I have to worry about tomorrow morning.

Off to see if I can knock out a few surveys while the dogs are still snoozing. Have a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 28, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

A bit chillier this morning, but the rain that fell a day or so ago, has disappeared from the roads so I should be able to take a lovely, if short walk this morning. Short because I must have slept wrong and my neck is a bit stiff, and also because I want to get some crafting and list making accomplished today.

It is time to make my menus for next month using what is in my freezers and pantries, the extra cleaning list (which really isn't extra all the time, rather things that need to be done once a month no matter what), and my projects/goal list. I could in fact even do up the budget today, but will leave that until the 30th just in case....

It may be another long winter with the new variant that was discovered by South African doctors, so I figure there will be another bit of a shelter in place kind of thing by February or March. I am well stocked if that happens, but I will try and gather supplies for Hubby and I to have something to do. There is nothing worse than being bored!!! Well mostly gather things for Hubby to do come to think of it. I may have a few small projects for him to build for me. Kind of storage ideas in the sewing/craft room.

Other than that, unless my neck stops aching nothing much more is happening here. Kind of the same as usual type of Sunday. Preparing for the week ahead (my lord is Christmas coming quickly, must work on crafts harder), working on getting the passing weeks to do list completely finished, is the usual Sunday pastime around here.

Supper tonight will be baked ham, mashed potatoes, salad, and probably green beans (I seem to have overbought beans and underbought peas lately).

Today I am grateful that I can manage to always find something to do.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It is a chilly morning here by Florida standards.

Today I plan to decorate my tree. I have already put out much of my Christmas decor and linens but there are a few other things. This week I will give the thank you cards to the vet staff so will begin writing short personalized notes today. I am not sure if I’ll give them at our next appointment on Tuesday or make a special trip on Wednesday, Pippi’s birthday according to me.

I’ve done nothing about Christmas cards but that will have to wait a few more days. I plan to dismantle my puzzle and maybe start one of the Christmas puzzles I bought a month or two ago. The one I’ll start first is a 1,000-piece Christmas stamps jigsaw puzzle.

Pippi had a good day yesterday and ate well. She is quiet but still interested in things and tries to climb around as best she can. So I’m feeling good today.

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 am Good morning friends.

It is a chilly morning here by Florida standards.

Today I plan to decorate my tree. I have already put out much of my Christmas decor and linens but there are a few other things. This week I will give the thank you cards to the vet staff so will begin writing short personalized notes today. I am not sure if I’ll give them at our next appointment on Tuesday or make a special trip on Wednesday, Pippi’s birthday according to me.

I’ve done nothing about Christmas cards but that will have to wait a few more days. I plan to dismantle my puzzle and maybe start one of the Christmas puzzles I bought a month or two ago. The one I’ll start first is a 1,000-piece Christmas stamps jigsaw puzzle.

Pippi had a good day yesterday and ate well. She is quiet but still interested in things and tries to climb around as best she can. So I’m feeling good today.

Have a good day.
So nice to hear that Pippi is still doing well. When they hurt, you hurt. Have a great day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's a chilly 34 degrees here and flurrying this morning and temp is not supposed to reach the 40s; much colder temperatures than normal right now. Am seriously hoping that this isn't a sign of things to come.

Like some of you I would have had my tree up already but there's just too much stuff around for me to do that. If plans for my sister go like they are supposed to, there should still be an opportunity to put it up the day after she leaves.

Starting to pull together my home improvement plans and budget for next year. For all intents and purposes, it should be the painting of the apartment first, but that will take the entire budget for 2022 so I"m putting that on hold for another year. I want to do what will make the most overall impact on my spirits first so have decided that it will be a new rug in the living room and perhaps new flooring in the kitchen as well. I will replace three ceiling lights, one in the hall, kitchen and dining area. I wanted to put a fan with light over the dining area, but can't find one that will provide the illumination I need except for an "unknown" so I have decided that since I've been without one for years (the one there shorted out years ago), I can do without the fan altogether. I also want to get rid of the two antique TVs and replace it with a 55" on a table stand. I have a slip cover that can temporarily go over my sofabed until year three when I plan to have it reupholstered and get a new stove in my kitchen. I might also replace the counter tops which although I did back in the early 90s and are in beautiful shape, will also help to change the overall atmosphere. Replacing the cabinets is a definite no. Way too expensive. I am considering refinishing perhaps down the road.

Well, off to read the paper.

Have a super Sunday.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

The dogs and I fell back asleep for a bit - not sorry. I have fried up three sweet potato "fritter" - my own version - they are good. I just added some cracker crumbs, two "flax eggs" and some seasonings to the mashed sweet potatoes - fried in a bit of vegan butter and olive oil. They got a nice crispy crust on the outside. Best breakfast I have had in a long time - no grits, no oats, lol. I have enough of the batter to cook 3 more - they will be my lunch at work tomorrow, reheated in the microwave.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz