What Have You Had "Forever" That is Still Going Strong?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: What Have You Had "Forever" That is Still Going Strong?

Post by MackerelCat »

We have an old Bose too, circa 1994, and a Sony clock radio with dual alarms that we bought at an Eckerd Drug store in 1988. The Sony still wakes us up every morning.
Mackie
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

It died about four years ago, but my 2001 Chevy Impala (it had been my dad's) had 540,000 miles on it when it finally needed too many repairs to bother fixing.
ohjodi
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My 2 oldest pieces of furniture, are a dresser and bedside table.

When we were stationed in Germany the second time, we found both on the German big garbage day. So found. We came back to the states in 1978. I have no idea how old they are but they work. They may not look great anymore the veneer is breaking but they do the job.

I also have an Ethan Allan set of nested tables, in a maple finish that I have had 28 years. I bought them used so I have no idea how old they are.

My couch and wing chair are both 28 years old. They do need reupholstering but I am not doing it.

Penny
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Bed and chest of my Mom’s bought in 1958. Got them in 1990 when she passed. A small cedar box she had before her and Dad got married she had written their initials in. That was in 1919. Not valuable to anyone except me.