Daily Check-In - November 29, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-In - November 29, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Hubby got all the lights on the trees so I guess I will be decorating them over the next few days. Hmmm, things just keep right on adding up.

I got my letter from the Breast Screening Section of our provincial health and so made an appointment immediately for the mobile clinic that will be here in January. Got it during the day for a change, actually mid morning which suits me much better.

Budget items entered and we were well under budget once again. I did manage to stay under budget this month but not by much. I think it was buying some extra baking supplies for Christmas and for ordinary baking. Hubby is still very happy as prices have gone up so much he is pleasantly surprised that I was under. ;)

Supper is cooking, the table is set, and I am half way through the first pattern on the second strip of the blanket. Hope to finish that pattern and perhaps get some of the second done this evening.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jgomez1002

Re: Daily Check-In - November 29, 2021

Post by jgomez1002 »

Back to work (school) after a 5 day break. School was great and I enjoyed seeing "my kids". Several were returning from quarantine. I fear my school district will be shut down because of numbers soon. So many are not vaccinated in Western Maine. We're strict with masks, but social distancing is more difficult than last year. I was eligible to retire last year and am really thinking about retiring at the end of this school year. DH thinks I should retire.

I am really working at planning tasty, healthy meals t home instead of ordering out just because cooking seems like a pain. I actually really like cooking new ethnic foods and try to do so often. Tonight's supper is Mediterranean turkey barley stew. It is seasoned with coriander, cumin and smoked paprika. Delicious broth. It used up 8 cups of turkey stock that I made the other day/ I still have stock left and I guess I should freeze it.

I set up a Christmas village yesterday afternoon. So much fun. Just like a kid. I need some ice skaters for my rink. I am planning on getting out my ceramic tree with lights tonight. A little at a time. I have some school work to do, too.Correcting papers is not my favorite thing.

Have a great evening.
Regards,
JGomez