Daily Check-In - November 29, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-In - November 29, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m at mom’s house. I got a slow start this morning. I finished writing the cards for the vet staff. I needed a few more gift cards so stopped at Publix on my way over here.

Mackie, I think the cat food crunch may be easing. The shelves at Publix were only 50% empty not 80% empty as they have been lately. They had Pippi’s favorite Fancy Feast - chicken and cheese pate.

I carried the Gorilla ladder (very stable) into the back yard (bad FCL!) and tried to get the big branch lodged in the bougainvillea. Couldn’t do it. I did cut some high branches. I had my phone in my pocket.

I put my wreath with the red tartan bow on mom’s front door. Looks nice!

I’m heading home in a few minutes. I’m hungry. I usually keep a few things to eat here but there isn’t much right now.

Have a good day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:36 pm Yeeears ago, I was in our chiropractor's office, in the post-adjustment recovery room, when this guy walked in wearing torn jeans, a wallet with a chain, metal band t-shirt, tatted sleeves on both arms, a piercing in his eyebrow and messy hair and I, who know better now, thought "YIKES, wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley." Turned out to be one of the most well-spoken and thoughtful people (helped the little old lady who initiated conversation with the group in the room out of her chair - those chairs swivel oddly). Asked some thought-provoking questions and spoke like a well-educated person. When I left I was worried that his appearance would close doors for him, which would be a terrible shame, because he's bright (for all of maybe 20 at the time).

Sometimes people are a pleasant surprise :lol:
I agree. I once had a patient that was scary looking with some interesting tattoos. He was wearing chains and leather and spiked wrist bands. After he left my boss said," are you mad at me for assigning him to you?" I said, "No. He actually was very nice and polite." Even called to cancel one day because he had to take his mom to the Dr. So, you cannot always judge a book by its cover. I have had really well-dressed men that were not nice ie coming on to me in a not very nice way. Policemen were the best. They would come in and turn their guns in to me without being asked. They said it was their policy. Whereas one of our patients had a gun fall out of his coat and he did not even notice. I quicky stood in front of my patient and told him he dropped something. Now that was scary.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:20 pm Poor little Teddi. I know you really wish you could figure out what makes his tummy so sensitive, Janet.

DH came through his surgery fine and has the other one Dec. 7. We came home and both had a nap. I woke up and fed the dogs, and then we humans had something to eat too.

We finally found the whitefish and egg version of Ollie Cat's preferred food and he has been eating with gusto. So that's a relief. The company discontinued the herring version that he loved, so we're down to one flavor of one brand that he will eat. Little old guy is set in his ways, and that is not a good thing.

Glad your DH's surgery went well and that you were able to come home and take a nap. Also, glad that you found something good for Ollie cat to eat. I know we want our fur babies to enjoy their food.
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hey all,
I had a good day. I ended up texting my GF who is a SAHM asking if she had time for coffee or lunch this week. Turns out she had some errands to run and asked if I wanted to accompany here. Sure. So she picked my up, we picked up her supplements form her doctor, grabbed some lunch and did some casual shopping. It was fun.

Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I got back on the trying to process the death beneficiary claim form.

Went to the library to make copies of the letter and form they sent me. Also wanted to print out the form with my answers. I found a form online that you can fill out. My printer needs ink - gotta order some today.

The whole thing is weird. They want his social - I never knew it when we were married and I can't find marriage info. I've looked through my paperwork etc.

Then I got email from the vital statistics office for texas. I sent off for death certificate.

They wanted to know my relationship and why I wanted it. I guess things are different not.

Felt weird to say it was for insurance. They wanted to see the document - so i sent a pic of the letter.

I hate talking to people on the phone - so I finally sent the insurance people an email. Asking about the SS number. They are the ones that found me.

I tell myself - just keep at it. ugh -
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:20 pm Poor little Teddi. I know you really wish you could figure out what makes his tummy so sensitive, Janet.

DH came through his surgery fine and has the other one Dec. 7. We came home and both had a nap. I woke up and fed the dogs, and then we humans had something to eat too.

We finally found the whitefish and egg version of Ollie Cat's preferred food and he has been eating with gusto. So that's a relief. The company discontinued the herring version that he loved, so we're down to one flavor of one brand that he will eat. Little old guy is set in his ways, and that is not a good thing.
Glad to read that surgery went well.

Shania was the same way, she would only eat certain foods and at times I would feed her some small pieces of hot dog (had to be warm) just to get her to eat something.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/