Daily Check-In - November 29, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-In - November 29, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning, everyone. It is 28 F but supposed to warm up to about 56 this afternoon.

I am hoping to get my set up my tree today but it will take time for me to start decorating. At least with it sitting there I might be more inspired to get up and do something from time to time.

Teddi was sick yesterday. I knew something was wrong because he was not his usual happy self. He would just sit and stare off in the distance at nothing for long periods of time. He finally threw up his entire breakfast in the early afternoon. Later I made him rice and a scrambled egg but he would not eat it. So late evening he was begging for something to eat so I chopped up some pork and nuked it and so far, he has kept it down. Right now, he is still sleeping. He does look at me and seems ok when I call his name. He has always been a bit of a lazy bones in the morning and likes to sleep in. We do go out pretty late at night for his last potty break at night sometimes 10:30 PM or 11:00 PM.

Not much going on here except cooking and hopefully get my tree started.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept well, but had to get up. The pups had to go out. It is nice and sunny out there. Still not 60 degrees. Not too bad

Have to go to the library later today - make copies and fax some stuff

That will be my goal for the day!

Hope all have good one
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Poor little Teddi. I know you really wish you could figure out what makes his tummy so sensitive, Janet.

DH came through his surgery fine and has the other one Dec. 7. We came home and both had a nap. I woke up and fed the dogs, and then we humans had something to eat too.

We finally found the whitefish and egg version of Ollie Cat's preferred food and he has been eating with gusto. So that's a relief. The company discontinued the herring version that he loved, so we're down to one flavor of one brand that he will eat. Little old guy is set in his ways, and that is not a good thing.
Mackie
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:03 am Good morning, all. I am in the waiting room at the eye surgery center where DS is having his first cataract fixed. They have the air conditioning on and syrupy Christmas carols going, so I am at the end of the room with the TV, huddled in my coat, watching two guys with more tattoos than convicts nail plastic flowers to a house, supposedly as part of rehabbing it but it looks like lipstick on a pig to me.

Not watching a lot of TV does not increase one's wonder with it past a certain age. :-D

I spent much of yesterday cleaning, mostly dusting. Our ceiling fan was awful! Also cleaned the microwave, ran the self clean cycle on the oven, used a razor blade to scrape the glass window clean, and dust mopped everywhere the robovac can't go. Cleaned lampshades and ran throw pillows and sofa throws through the washer and dryer. Whew.

Also fixed a few things for my lunches and popped those in the freezer.

Today will be spent tending to DH. I expect he will nap a lot once we get home and I probably will get one in myself.

Hope you all have a great day.
Yeeears ago, I was in our chiropractor's office, in the post-adjustment recovery room, when this guy walked in wearing torn jeans, a wallet with a chain, metal band t-shirt, tatted sleeves on both arms, a piercing in his eyebrow and messy hair and I, who know better now, thought "YIKES, wouldn't want to run into him in a dark alley." Turned out to be one of the most well-spoken and thoughtful people (helped the little old lady who initiated conversation with the group in the room out of her chair - those chairs swivel oddly). Asked some thought-provoking questions and spoke like a well-educated person. When I left I was worried that his appearance would close doors for him, which would be a terrible shame, because he's bright (for all of maybe 20 at the time).

Sometimes people are a pleasant surprise :lol:
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning. I have been to the Physical therapist and he has committed his normal period of elder abuse (joking...joking). Toda all the leg work was seated with bands or lying down because my akle is aching something fierce and I dunno why. Today I will be doing chair aerobics rather than walking I expect.

Daughter came over yesterday to pull out my Christmas stuff and to do some cleaning for me that my bend and reach can no longer handle. After thinking about it I decided to jus stick with my table top tree here in the apartment and not move up to a skinny full size. I do need to add some wall decor and so on. I went to the dollar store and got some large frames and large gift bags and have a vision of cutting the bags and framing them on my wall. We'll see. I also am painting a large canvas of a snow man face and a couple other things.

I have a grocery order but Walmart can't deliver until tomorrow so I need to decide between thawing something, going off the wagon and ordering dominoes or hitting panera while I'm out at Joannes getting fbric for throw pillows.

Although I hate to buy in, it's cyber Monday and I do need some new sweaters desperately so we will see.

Progects to day are working on a quilt, knitting some, working on christmas and I m not sure what else.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:12 am Good morning, everyone. It is 28 F but supposed to warm up to about 56 this afternoon.

I am hoping to get my set up my tree today but it will take time for me to start decorating. At least with it sitting there I might be more inspired to get up and do something from time to time.

Teddi was sick yesterday. I knew something was wrong because he was not his usual happy self. He would just sit and stare off in the distance at nothing for long periods of time. He finally threw up his entire breakfast in the early afternoon. Later I made him rice and a scrambled egg but he would not eat it. So late evening he was begging for something to eat so I chopped up some pork and nuked it and so far, he has kept it down. Right now, he is still sleeping. He does look at me and seems ok when I call his name. He has always been a bit of a lazy bones in the morning and likes to sleep in. We do go out pretty late at night for his last potty break at night sometimes 10:30 PM or 11:00 PM.

Not much going on here except cooking and hopefully get my tree started.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Poor Teddi! He has been good lately it seems but when his little tummy gets unsettled it really affects him a lot and that shows up in his eyes. Sometimes Pippi gets that blank look in her eyes, too, usually because of the sedative.