Daily Check In November 30, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In November 30, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all.

Cold, but quiet day.

Got back from grocery store as I needed to buy some apples and a bottle of vinegar. I will need to go shopping again on Friday as I run out of my prepared salads that day.

Found some "family" activity magazines in the supermarket for December that I will be checking out shortly. I look at them as a source of things to do, especially free activities.

Watched one of the GAC network's Christmas movies yesterday called A Kindhearted Christmas. It actually was pretty good and better than some of this season's Hallmark movies, but then the head of this network is the former CEO of the Hallmark Channel who had resigned over the lack of diversity in tv ads as well as programming.

Nothing special planned for the rest of the day. My sister's final pre-check interview is over and we can't think of any reason why she should be denied an apartment. She did learn that the apartment will be on the smaller size but then she's always said she wanted to have her own "tiny home". She's excited about moving and I'm happy for her as well as myself. It's been difficult on the both of us not just the result of the lack of privacy, but that we're both sensitive people and take things personally. As I've said before, I will miss her, but she did come up to stay on the premise that it WAS going to only be temporary.

Well, off to the races. Have a great day all.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:59 am Hi all.

Watched one of the GAC network's Christmas movies yesterday called A Kindhearted Christmas. It actually was pretty good and better than some of this season's Hallmark movies, but then the head of this network is the former CEO of the Hallmark Channel who had resigned over the lack of diversity in tv ads as well as programming.

Well, off to the races. Have a great day all.
I read that Danica McKellar, one of my favorite Hallmark actresses, has signed an exclusive contract with GAC starting next year. So they are going all out to compete with Hallmark.

Logics, none of my business, but why couldn’t your sister get an apartment closer to you? Is it because Westchester is expensive and there is a longer wait for affordable apartments?

I really liked your list of home projects for next year. It gave me some ideas.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Just a quick update.

I have my little tree d'ecorated, the bread is cooling, my desk has been cleaned, the ironing done, floors swept, clothes folded and moved from the spare bedroom to our room, a quick tree topper made, and the garbage bin brought back to the house.

Having coffee now and then will unload the dishwasher and take out the ham for tonight's supper.

After that it is knitting time for awhile.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m finishing up the decorating of my tree so my living room is a mess. I’m almost finished. Then I have some more Christmas decor to put around the house. It is getting harder for me to climb so once I get my ceramic Santa from the cabinet above the refrigerator, I’m going to find another place to store it for future years.

I want to start my Christmas puzzle but I’m going to start on my cards first. It dawned on me this morning that mail is taking longer this year. I’m always late with my cards. I received my first card yesterday from an old neighbor who is always first.

Pippi’s appointment is mid-afternoon. I’ll give the cupcakes and gift cards to the people today and not make a special trip tomorrow, Pippi’s birthday. In a way I feel funny “celebrating” Pippi’s birthday because I feel she is declining, but really it’s a thank you to those who have helped her the last 1 1/2 years. Pippi’s eyes still light up for her treats and she likes her food so maybe she will be with me longer than I think.

It seems like there are increasing reports that the new virus variation only produces mild symptoms. Hope that turns out to be true.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Had a good library meeting - good attendance

We are getting back into the swing of having Christmas activities.

Will be setting up the tree and decorating. Making up treat bags for the kids that come to the library. Helping another group make other treat bags for after the first Christmas parade this week.

Then we went to lunch. Not bad.

now back home and will probably do the monthly bill spreadsheet thing.

Still nice and sunny outside.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:13 am I read that Danica McKellar, one of my favorite Hallmark actresses, has signed an exclusive contract with GAC starting next year. So they are going all out to compete with Hallmark.

Logics, none of my business, but why couldn’t your sister get an apartment closer to you? Is it because Westchester is expensive and there is a longer wait for affordable apartments?

I really liked your list of home projects for next year. It gave me some ideas.
Cameron Mathison and Trevor Donavon also signed contracts according to a story I read but I don't know if they were exclusive. Other key Hallmark stars including Jen Lily have plans to star in some GAC movies but that was the only other info that was let out. Yes, they are definitely planning to compete with Hallmark. I'm surprised however, that he can do that because oftentimes CEOs must sign non-compete clauses for a number of years so I'm wondering if Hallmark messed up.

She will be moving about an hour away which isn't really too bad. My sister had her heart set on NJ for a number of reasons: (1) we were born and raised there and she spent 50 years of her life there so she knows her way around; (2) she has a son who will be about 15 minutes away and a nephew on her husband's side about 10 minutes away; (3) she has 3 friends there that she's maintained contact with over the years and (4) Westchester's wait lists are closed and/or have far longer wait times 5 or more years and (5) Westchester is way too expensive (for example car insurance for her here is $2500/yr; there $1200/yr; food and cat care products are also far more expensive.