Daily Check In November 30, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 30, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee back in a bit.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 30, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is pretty frosty outside our large front window this morning, in fact when I went to pull the garbage bin to the road it had rained once again. I won't be going for a walk this morning I guess, at least until things start to melt at any rate.

I have a few things that I need to get done early, one of which is baking a loaf of bread. I guess I should have done so yesterday. Oh well get it started early and it should be ready by lunch.

Also there is enough ironing today that having to pull out the iron and board will be worth it. Another early in the day chore. No mending this week which is strange as I usually always have one or two items that need something repaired.

Did up my budget figures for this month yesterday, all bills had been paid earlier in the month, and since Hubby and I are busy with other projects no money will be spent until later in December. Did well. Over all budget was under, and my grocery budget line was under as well. Groceries were not under by that much, but Hubby is happy it is under at all. He has been reading the fliers and just shaking his head. I am hoping to stay underbudget even if it is only a few dollars as I do not want to raise that budget line. I know I wasn't as selective on my last grocery trip, and bought lots of meat (though it was on sale). I think part of the reason I was not more under budget was that I picked up a few more baking supplies and will probably pick up a few more as well as the turkey and a few fixings next time I go.

So what am I doing other than baking bread, and ironing? My desk needs cleaning, I need to bring in the bin once the truck picks up the refuse, sweep the floors, fold the clothes that dried on the lines overnight, and I want to decorate my tree upstairs. I may have to make a topper so will be going on to my Cricut Design page and hopefully finding something suitable.

Then it will be knit, knit, knit during the afternoon. It is only a few days now until Christmas and I need to get my butt in gear to get things done. Tonight I will make a couple of trays of candy (chocolate snowballs, and almond bark). I need to get my baking/candy making started as well. The days are marching by quickly.

I might text youngest DS and see where he is in his house hunting. Hopefully things are moving right along.

Well I am off to get started on my morning. I will more than likely update as the day progresses.

Supper tonight will be Scalloped Potato and Ham casserole. This will use up a package of leftover ham from the freezer and should give us some leftovers as well.

Today I am grateful for the early start to my day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning Jackie and all. Getting an early start to my day..lots to do.
Deep cleaning bathrooms..dusting and vacuuming.
Tree is up and decorated. I am bringing out my Christmas dishes.
Off to get started.
Have a great day everyone.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Had to get up early today so went to bed early - 11!

Didn't sleep that well. What can you do?

Have a meeting at ten and I like to take my time getting ready and waking up

So off to get a second cup of coffee

At least it is a nice sunny day - temp of 46
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning. I have the garbage/trash gathered and out. I have a towel wash in the washer.

I hope to press and start sewing on some more Christmas presents. I hope to be able to mail no later than Monday next week. Everything is taking much longer to do than I would like.

One package will include all the January Birthday presents.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,
I slept in. Actually I got up about 5:30, perused the internet again and then dozed on the couch until 8:30. I have plans this afternoon, I will sit in on a work telecon at 4:00 and then I have an appointment to get my booster at 6:40PM. I started on some cleanup. I put the sheets form the spare bed in the wash. I don't remember if it was DG or the DGs that stayed a while back, but I never made the bed. Maybe I will do some sewing. We will see.

Have a great day,
Maggie