Daily Check In December 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In December 1, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Pippi thanks you all for the birthday wishes. We are having a quiet day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:08 pm Busy day here...Dec.1st!!!!!
Company coming..two friends..vaxed and boosted.
Christmas decorations are all done. Haven't done cards yet. Will start baking next week.
In case anyone here missed it....I JUST LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

Trees I do too.

Enjoy your friends. So nice that you are able to get together for a visit.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It has been such a beautiful day here!!

The sun is shining and my computer app says the temp is 79 degrees!

So comfy at that temp.

My crockpot chicken and dressing is yummy. It calls for chicken breast, but I also use thighs. They say dark meat is tastier?

And instead of regular cream of chicken, I used cream of chicken with herbs.

And since I had half a pack of stove-top stuffing left, I used that and a box. I love stuffing. I did have to add a bit more water every now and then so it would not be so dry - but it is coming out great.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:22 pm It has been such a beautiful day here!!

The sun is shining and my computer app says the temp is 79 degrees!

So comfy at that temp.

My crockpot chicken and dressing is yummy. It calls for chicken breast, but I also use thighs. They say dark meat is tastier?

And instead of regular cream of chicken, I used cream of chicken with herbs.

And since I had half a pack of stove-top stuffing left, I used that and a box. I love stuffing. I did have to add a bit more water every now and then so it would not be so dry - but it is coming out great.
Clem,

Your Chicken and stuffing sounds good! I am a HUGE fan of stuffing. Nori was an excellent cook and I made sure to learn how to cook her traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners. She always made the stuffing by cooking all the giblets the night before and dicing them all up into the stuffing. SO GOOD!!

I have a couple of questions on the Crockpost Pinto Beans. What temperature do you cook them on? Low or high? And for how long? I got all the goodies and hope to make them on Thursday. Do I fill the crock pot to the top with water after I put the seasoning (I had to go with bullion no Mi Arrzo and no salt pork in town either), onion and tomato in?

Any other tips you can think of would be good too.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

Well, it took a while to get my shopping mojo going. I managed to get enough to go spend 45 minutes in the grocery store. I didn't feel like hauling over to Canadian Tire for the Ice Scrapper or Dollar Tree for a few Christmas cards. I'll maybe do that tomorrow. Maybe.

It is above freezing out there! 4C/39F. It is really melting out there. That is great BUT it is so icy where the snow was constantly driven over and froze up. The melt water running across it made the back land, where I have to haul groceries, very slippery and I was so scared I was going to wipe out! I made it but I'll have to look at the bottom of my shoes to see what kind of grip is on them and maybe change to a "grippier" pair. I went and got most only the items on my list. While I was in the pasta/spaghetti sauce aisle, I saw they had packages of all kinds of noodles on sale so I got some of them. I also got the ingredients to make Clem's beans. They are the plan for supper tomorrow or maybe Friday.

Not much else has been happening since I was up on and off all night long. Had a nap and that wasn't good enough so had to FORCE myself (yah, right!! :D ) into another small nap while I mostly listened to the afternoon CBC radio show called Spark. It's always interesting.

Tonight? The basics. I need to load up the dishwasher and I think I will have a box of Hamburger Helper with some of the hamburger my neighbour gave to me (the Hamburger Helper is from him as well).

That's the afternoon skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I cook the beans on the high setting. Let them cook for at least 5 hours - or when they are super tender.