Daily Check In December 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 1, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Morning, off to get coffee. I will be back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 1, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up early again, which is okay as I have lots to do. Not so much on the cleaning front, but on the baking, knitting and decorating fronts.

Today I hope to get a couple more items of candy made, the upstairs decorated, the tree downstairs partially done (as much as possible before my back starts to bother me) and another 1 1/2 patterns completed on the knitted blanket. All that and still work and finish the household task list. I will probably start by making some of the Christmas candy and then move on to getting the task list completed as quickly as is possible.

The next 18 or so days are going to pass by in a blur of activity. Oldest DS will be home either that day or the next day. Youngest hopefully not too long after that. Presents and baking/candy making need to be done by then. It is not looking like I will get all I wanted done, but I will be making a great stab at doing so.

Frugally speaking there will be just a tiny amount of money spent today. I am a bit concerned over road conditions the next few days. Rain and snow are predicted and with highs of around 12-15* C expected today I think rain is the most probable. Then tomorrow the temperature is supposed to drop. Yep, once again icy roads in the immediate future. I do have to go to the post office today and mail my Christmas cards, and get some stamps for the up coming year so I am thinking right after lunch as it should still be very nice.

Other frugal happenings will be pretty much the usual. I am really finding it hard to add new ideas into my routine this year. I think I just might be set in my ways and need a frugal boost. I am at the "If it works, and doesn't infringe on those things you both love to do, don't change it," part of my life. In reality things that worked very well frugally in the past just are not cutting it any longer. I need to change things around a bit, especially as we want to help youngest with the purchase of his home when the time comes.

Supper tonight is going to be very easy. I will pull out the container of mushroom meatballs from the freezer, make some noodles and a salad. Voila meal finished.

Today I am grateful that we are in a position to help our sons with their home purchases. It is nice to see them enjoy themselves and get a bit further ahead.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Forgot to mention that according to the news, Canada will be facing a turkey shortage just in time for Christmas. I think I might just make a trip to the grocery store today and grab on even if they are not on sale depending on the price. The DS's love their turkey and I love all the meals that can be made from the leftovers.
Jackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

A turkey shortage? Good heavens!

Yesterday I went to Publix to get ginger ale, saltines and Gatorade for DH (more about that later), and the store was nearly out of Gatorade. The display was empty except for the very large bottles of lemon-lime flavor, so that's what I bought. There was no sign that it had been on sale, so I'm assuming it's another shortage.

DH got up yesterday morning complaining of feeling queasy, which escalated to having a fever with vomiting after I went to work. He called the eye surgeon's office, as running a fever after eye surgery should not happen, and never got a response. (The surgeon is great: his staff repeatedly drops the ball.) DH texted me that he felt like he had the flu, although he's been vaccinated. My lovely boss let me leave early so I could pick up supplies and go home to take care of him.

Whatever it was passed off with Tylenol and fluids and he said he felt very tired but much better today.

I did a lot of laundry yesterday after coming home and went to bed before 10 p.m. I was tired too!

Today we have our weekly staff meeting at work, which tends to make the day hectic because it disrupts the day for a couple of hours. We used to have these things "as needed," which wasn't often, and then someone decided that "meetings equal productivity." Ugh.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:55 am A turkey shortage? Good heavens!

Yesterday I went to Publix to get ginger ale, saltines and Gatorade for DH (more about that later), and the store was nearly out of Gatorade. The display was empty except for the very large bottles of lemon-lime flavor, so that's what I bought. There was no sign that it had been on sale, so I'm assuming it's another shortage.

DH got up yesterday morning complaining of feeling queasy, which escalated to having a fever with vomiting after I went to work. He called the eye surgeon's office, as running a fever after eye surgery should not happen, and never got a response. (The surgeon is great: his staff repeatedly drops the ball.) DH texted me that he felt like he had the flu, although he's been vaccinated. My lovely boss let me leave early so I could pick up supplies and go home to take care of him.

Whatever it was passed off with Tylenol and fluids and he said he felt very tired but much better today.

I did a lot of laundry yesterday after coming home and went to bed before 10 p.m. I was tired too!

Today we have our weekly staff meeting at work, which tends to make the day hectic because it disrupts the day for a couple of hours. We used to have these things "as needed," which wasn't often, and then someone decided that "meetings equal productivity." Ugh. Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie Glad your DH is somewhat better. Hope he continues to improve.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I was up early! I decided I needed to change my sleep schedule so I could enjoy more daylight hours. This getting dark at 6, when i get up at ten or so was not working.

So I got in bed at ten last night. I didn't sleep all through the night though - every time I hear a noise I have to get up. With the COD's habits of leaving doors open or stove on - I have to check. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm up - showered and ready for the day.

Will put together my crockpot and chicken, I didn't make for Thanksgiving.

Have a great day all