Daily Check In December 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In December 1, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

I also have not seen any turkey shortages here at our local store.

When I bought three of them to donate, that almost cleared out the freezer bin, but when I went by in a few minutes with my cart - they had already re-stocked.

Now cranberry sauce in a can - that was in short supply - :mrgreen:
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:38 am Good morning friends.

Mackie, I hope that your DH continues to feel better today.

Happy 19th Birthday to Pippi! I’m blessed that she is still with me.

I’ve already been to the Publix that sells the FreshPet to buy another bag because she likes it. That store is in a very busy area and it is a nightmare in the middle of the day. Next time I’m in the Publix where I get my Rx, closer to mom’s house, I’ll see if they carry it there. I bought Christmas stamps at the Publix checkout today, too, and noticed in the canned cat food section there are signs now limiting purchases to 10 cans.

The whole turkey situation seems strange. I noticed after Thanksgiving at my small Publix, the freezer bin was still more than half full of turkeys, mainly larger ones.

I love my Christmas tree! I say that every year. But truth be told, the small, 1’ tree on my breakfast bar that I’ve had “forever” and has colored lights makes me smile just as much. I’m done with my decorating and can now enjoy it.

It is a cool morning and I wore my jacket for the first time, but it’s sunny and already warming up and will be in the 70s.

Have a good day.
Happy birthday Pippi. May you stay healthy and be here for many more.

I have read several articles over the last month that stated the shortage of turkeys would be more for the smaller turkeys due to people having smaller family dinners due to covid.
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!

Happy birthday to Pippi 🎈🎈🎈!
I've not noticed any turkey shortages ... though most of them are big turkeys, from what I've seen. I'm waiting to see what the ham prices will be in a week or so.

Not a lot going on. Haven't slept well. Either can't get to sleep or waking up in the middle of the night. (mostly because the bedroom is the warmest spot in the house).

HVAC guy was here for furnace maintenance. He suggested a vent cleaning. Have no idea what these cost any more. He quoted a price of $400.

Otherwise, am doing some laundry and dealing with some kitchen work today. Also continuing my ongoing decluttering project. Have been researching phones, since mine is 3g and won't be usable when 3g goes away next year. I may see if I can still run it off wi-fi and use Google Voice. Though I don't want to search for public wi-fi if, say, I have a flat.

Mackie, hope your DH continues to feel better. It's a shame when good doctors have lousy office staffs.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:38 am Good morning friends.

Mackie, I hope that your DH continues to feel better today.

Happy 19th Birthday to Pippi! I’m blessed that she is still with me.

I’ve already been to the Publix that sells the FreshPet to buy another bag because she likes it. That store is in a very busy area and it is a nightmare in the middle of the day. Next time I’m in the Publix where I get my Rx, closer to mom’s house, I’ll see if they carry it there. I bought Christmas stamps at the Publix checkout today, too, and noticed in the canned cat food section there are signs now limiting purchases to 10 cans.

The whole turkey situation seems strange. I noticed after Thanksgiving at my small Publix, the freezer bin was still more than half full of turkeys, mainly larger ones.

I love my Christmas tree! I say that every year. But truth be told, the small, 1’ tree on my breakfast bar that I’ve had “forever” and has colored lights makes me smile just as much. I’m done with my decorating and can now enjoy it.

It is a cool morning and I wore my jacket for the first time, but it’s sunny and already warming up and will be in the 70s.

Have a good day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIPPI!!!!!!!!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Busy day here...Dec.1st!!!!!
Company coming..two friends..vaxed and boosted.
Christmas decorations are all done. Haven't done cards yet. Will start baking next week.
In case anyone here missed it....I JUST LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Happy Birthday, Pippi.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/