Daily Check In December 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In December 2, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:57 pm Boy, this is turning into such a fun week. Now DS is throwing up. From the symptoms and speed at which he got sick, I am pretty sure that he has and his dad had the Norovirus.

We still have just one working toilet, so sleeping in the garage with a nice clean bucket is looking good!

Mackie so sorry to hear that the crud is going around. I hope you are spared.Take care and stay safe.
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:35 pm

Logics, I didn't know how I'd do living alone but I've really gotten to like it. No having to worry about someone else's TV shows, foods, or keeping everything in its place. LOL Now? I can sit around in my schleppy clothes all day and goof off and just wander in the middle of the night if I need to or go to bed at anytime and wake-up anytime. I think she'll find she' will do okay. I agree that I don't meet my friends at my digs. I mostly go to theirs or we end up at the coffee shop. That seems to be more "the thing" these days. I'm good with that!
I'm with you for the most part. I've enjoyed living by myself but it isn't easy doing some of the things that a man could do for you. She's feeling better today because she spoke to one of her long time friends who said exactly the same things I did . . . not sure why when I say them I'm either wrong or dismissed. She does say it's getting easier for her to accept that her husband is gone but there are some things and some places she can't do or go to any more. I understand and so did her friend. She said with a lilt in her voice then we'll find some new places together.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:37 am I'm with you for the most part. I've enjoyed living by myself but it isn't easy doing some of the things that a man could do for you. She's feeling better today because she spoke to one of her long time friends who said exactly the same things I did . . . not sure why when I say them I'm either wrong or dismissed. She does say it's getting easier for her to accept that her husband is gone but there are some things and some places she can't do or go to any more. I understand and so did her friend. She said with a lilt in her voice then we'll find some new places together.
Logics,

I find the same thing with my goofy little sister. I told her, over and over, to get her 6 pound chihuahua spay so it didn't get sick. Instead? She let it get pregnant two times and just recently the dog almost died due to pyrometra, a severe and deadly infection of the uterus. She continuously told me dates on which the dog would be spayed and they were all untrue. BUT when the vet said something? Then she booked the appointment. The poor dog got sick and almost died instead.

Some people just can't take friendly or helpful advice from family even when offered in the most gentle way.

I am glad her friend said something that proved out to be helpful. It is very difficult to go from a husband and house to a studio apartment but, sooner or later, I think I'll be doing the same for financial reasons as well. YA gotta do what ya gotta do. . .

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.