Daily Check In December 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In December 2, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:43 am Good morning friends.

Jackie, your DS’s home options sound nice.

Logics, like you said, when your DSis paints and decorates her new apartment she might change her mind about it. Is it a true studio (one room) or does it have a separate bedroom? My uncle’s subsidized apartment was nice with a separate bedroom and fairly large rooms but the thing we most appreciated was the emergency call system which he used several times.

I just finished one of my least favorite jobs, coloring my hair. But I got it done and I’m glad I did it.

I’ll go to mom’s house later today and do something. Last night was warmer and I can tell it is warm outside.

Not much else going on but I’m enjoying my Christmas decor.

Have a good day.
It's a true 1 room studio, but unfortunately a small one, somewhere between 400 and 500 sq feet, but I think closer to 400.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Quilter51 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:58 am Logics, I would paint for sure. I would also get a rolling cart of the right size to use for kitchen prep, and or, get something to top the stove so you can work on it as a work station (one of those very large counter protector things perhaps, I wouldn't be a fan of keeping a slab of wood regularly on my stove)

Small touches will make alot of differnces for her comfort and the appearance. Cream or white walls, bright pillows and towels in the kitchen and such. I agree that she may find the concrete gives her a quiet ness as well as some temperature control. Does she have any kind of patio at all? Considering the high windows she may want to get a couple of those "natural light" bulbs. LIving on her own may be difficult at first but it's something that will help her feel more independent and she can change her mind later.

Honestly, now that Ive downsized to my (admittedly larger, two bedroom with bath) retirement apartment we dont do alot of in home visiting. Most of us want to get out and about since we live alone so we tend to meet in other places.

I just finished my breakfast and one hour "earning time" for the day. My goal is between five and ten bucks for an hour give or take a day while still sitting in my pjs and listening to music. I'm going to mainly try finishing the Christmas decor today except for my tabletop tree. I am lousy at setting the lights or flaring the tree so daughter is gonna do that tomorrow. I also need to get a dowel and command hooks to hang a Christmas quilt or two.

Today my projects are to pin baste my quilt on the table so I can quilt it with my walking foot, keep on knitting, work on the christmas and I have a first time podiatry appointment this afternoon for a diabetic foot checks. Yesterday I made chicken pot pie in the slow cooker (I have it with biscuits) and I will have leftovers, I froze the other two parts.
Unfortunately it's just the small space. There is a patio outside the building in the back with tables, chairs and benches. The community room offers tables and chairs and tv area.

Yes, I agree that living on her own will be the most difficult part of it. When she lost her husband she was still looking after her grandson. That ended about a month before she came up here and as she was recovering from hernia surgery on the first of July, she really didn't think about the being alone part.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I saw the oncologist this morning my labs are stable, she wants labs in 3 months and to see her in 6 months.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Penny, that is great to hear.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:22 pm I saw the oncologist this morning my labs are stable, she wants labs in 3 months and to see her in 6 months.

Penny
Very good news
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:22 pm I saw the oncologist this morning my labs are stable, she wants labs in 3 months and to see her in 6 months.

Penny
Good to hear that Penny. Hope things continue to stay stable.
Janet Alliesmama