Daily Check In December 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 2, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Just getting us started off. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 2, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Once again I am up very early. I do wish that I could sleep until 6 but I guess 5 is better than 8.

Today is going to be a bit of a clear up day. I do have a couple of regular Thursday household tasks, and computer doings, but I want to get the downstairs tree decorated, and since I did not get the cards mailed yesterday (well 3 of them) get those sent off as well.

This morning will be the usual tasks, some baking, and the mail. This afternoon will be spent decorating and any spare time before I need to be gone for supper will be spent doing some knitting. I ended up calling it quits on the knitting last night when I had to keep tinking back every second row. Not good at all. I also hope that our meeting and supper does not go too much past 8 pm so I am keeping my fingers crossed about that.

As far as baking is concerned I will try and get Butter tart slice, and Nanaimo Bars done today. If I am lucky I may even get the O'Henry Squares made (those are something Mom made every year). Three items off the list would be great.

I got a few messages from our youngest yesterday. He has a bank meeting on Friday, and the agent is setting up a visitation for Saturday at the house he really likes, I told him he should look at a couple more in that area that seem to be a fairly good deal as well. Perhaps not as nice in the landscape department, but one has a large garage, and the other has a suite/extra bedrooms in a finished basement. They are about the same price as well. He is very excited so hopefully he gets the one he wants, or finds one that suits him better.

Since I will be eating out, Hubby will make due with leftovers. There is enough for him and there is even leftover salad (just got to pull out some dressing from the small kitchen pantry).

There is my day here on the old homestead. Nothing terribly exciting, just the usual lead up to Christmas, all be it a bit later than usual.

Today I am grateful that so far the rain or snow that had been predicted for today has not fallen as of yet.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, is the house he wants a one-story home? Considering that his hip may always be a problem, I figured he may not be interested in anything with stairs.

Last night I did some comparison shopping on the Affordable Care health insurance website and wound up signing DS up for a less expensive health insurance plan for next year. It will save him a little more than $100 a month on the premiums. He will have to use a CVS Minute Clinic instead of the urgent care we prefer when he gets a minor illness, but otherwise it looks like it will work as well as the more expensive plan he currently has. I was glad to see that a wide variety of plans are now offered for residents of our state.

DH is feeling much better although yesterday was not completely over whatever upset his insides. I think he must have picked up a tummy bug at the surgery center because we both ate exactly the same things for several days leading up to that day and I am fine.

I am hoping for a quiet work day. Just sitting here drinking my tea right now, with all the chores done. Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:05 am Jackie, is the house he wants a one-story home? Considering that his hip may always be a problem, I figured he may not be interested in anything with stairs.

Last night I did some comparison shopping on the Affordable Care health insurance website and wound up signing DS up for a less expensive health insurance plan for next year. It will save him a little more than $100 a month on the premiums. He will have to use a CVS Minute Clinic instead of the urgent care we prefer when he gets a minor illness, but otherwise it looks like it will work as well as the more expensive plan he currently has. I was glad to see that a wide variety of plans are now offered for residents of our state.

DH is feeling much better although yesterday was not completely over whatever upset his insides. I think he must have picked up a tummy bug at the surgery center because we both ate exactly the same things for several days leading up to that day and I am fine.

I am hoping for a quiet work day. Just sitting here drinking my tea right now, with all the chores done. Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Yes the house he is looking into is a one story. However the laundry room is in the basement so he will have to go up and down stairs at least once a week. Not too bad though. It would be worse if he had to go upstairs every day to go to bed.
Jackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:18 am Yes the house he is looking into is a one story. However the laundry room is in the basement so he will have to go up and down stairs at least once a week. Not too bad though. It would be worse if he had to go upstairs every day to go to bed.
Maybe down the line he can remodel a little and have a laundry closet on the main floor, or put the washer and dryer in the kitchen as people used to do, if the kitchen is large enough.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Today's to-do list includes baking cookies for a cookie exchange on Friday and running out to my Aunt and Uncle's house. They are downsizing to a condo after 50 years in their house. They are giving DS1 some sections of garden hose.

Otherwise the day is mine. Last night I met up with a few friends to walk through a Christmas light display. It is usually a drive-through, but they open it to foot traffic 2 nights of the season. it was fun. We had dinner before-hand.

I finished wrapping all my gifts yesterday. I guess I can go dig in my bins in the garage and decided what sorts for decorations I want to put up. The DGS's will probably be here overnight later in the month when we decorate the Gingerbread houses. So I can do it for them.

Have a great day,
Maggie