Daily Check In December 3, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In December 3, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

It is 82 degrees here!

Had to change into a sleeveless top. Even a short sleeve was too warm.

Perfect weather for the christmas parade tonight.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I finished the tree downstairs, and added some beads to the one up here.

I also walked to the grocery and picked up the on sale hamburger. I portioned out the large packs and got 8 lbs of ground meat.

I finished off one full pattern on the knitted blanket and am halfway through another one. Hope to get that full pattern finished tonight. That would finish off the second strip of black. Just three more to make after that.

According to the weather forecast we are in for a snow storm tomorrow and Sunday. We will be just fine as I have enough to keep me busy, and Hubby has a project he is working on downstairs.

Off to work on supper.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Maggie

If you are using butter, and you have an old recipe. Todays butter has less butterfat than butter years ago.

Because of this I use European style unsalted butter when baking. The butterfat content is higher. The Irish butter sold in this country is to the new US standards.

Penny
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:50 am Good morning friends.

Pippi did not eat well at all yesterday and did not want her breakfast this morning. (I am not going to give her any treats until she eats something.) She ate great on her birthday. I check her litter box (!) On Tuesday I thought she would have gained weight from her all time low but she had not. One day at a time.

Can someone be too frugal? I believe my mom was too frugal at times and I do not want to follow that path but have found myself trending that way. I have significant savings, no debts and no close heirs. But still I’ve been scrimping so much that I wondered how I would afford paper towels, shampoo and gas this month. So I moved some money from savings to give myself some breathing room. And instead of trying to find more ways to be frugal I’ve decided to take more from my IRA next year. This isn’t because of inflation. It’s because, again, I have no heirs so why am I scrimping so hard (and I’m not even taking SS yet.)

Pippi has her appointment mid-afternoon. Until then I’m staying home. Yesterday I put out some Christmas decor at mom’s house just for myself and if a neighbor stops by. Also I did more trimming in the yard. Now is a good time to trim while things are not growing in front of my eyes like in summer.

Have a good day.
We hope to leave something to our families, but we won't go without.

Treat yourself, don't go nuts, no gold paper towels :lol:

IC