Daily Check In December 3, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In December 3, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Logics, some people don't like to seem to be taking advice, even though they are listening. Whether it's a personality clash or misplaced pride, it happens. But if her friend and your and your daughter can get her to see that this is a new beginning, then it's all going to be good. Not easy all the time, but good in the long run.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept until after 7 am this morning. I have an appointment at 10 am to sign my lease.

I have a lot of shoulder pain this morning, so I put an ice pack on my shoulder. That helps almost instantly.

I made 2 more tiny tote bags last night. I have a lot of small scraps. Because I made toys from the fabric. I have a dog to sew and stuff and one dog to finish stuffing. Then I need to look through projects and see what I still have to sew.

Penny
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute tes amis,

I got some of the dishwasher unloaded this morning and will finish up later. Also got the garbage all in one bag ready to be driven to the top of the hill. I'll take it out the next time I head out for some occasion.

I got a call last night from an out of town friend. He is in the hospital to get his mental health drugs all adjusted. He wants me to visit. I asked him what the protocols were for that section of the hospital and he said he'd check and get back to me. He called this morning and said that it is okay to visit but I should probably call the ward to make sure. I think he really wants a friend to stop by to see him. I know his sister and brother-in-law will be there Sunday. I'm not sure how long it will take to get his new medications all moderated and such. I plan on going tomorrow afternoon. I then take the opportunity afterwards of going to get those ice scrappers from Canadian Tire.

I put on a crock pot of Clem's beans a little after 1 pm. I am a late supper eater so if they are ready after 7 pm or whatever, I'm good. Really looking forward to them. I checked my grocery receipt for the price of one tomato and one onion they were both around $1.65 EACH! Such craziness! But the stuff is coming from California in the midst of winter so what isn't a surprise?

Tonight, being Friday, I'll try to find a movie to watch on NetFlix and just wing it. Not much else happening.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well the insurance thing is making progress

FedEx showed up today with the death certificates I ordered.

Guess now all I have to do is fax those and the form in. Will do that Monday afternoon. I still have questions and will make some calls Monday morning.

I don't think that Friday afternoon is a good time to call an office - :roll:

Looks like he had cardiovascular disease. He did smoke a lot. The whole thing is just strange.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:50 am Good morning friends.

Pippi did not eat well at all yesterday and did not want her breakfast this morning. (I am not going to give her any treats until she eats something.) She ate great on her birthday. I check her litter box (!) On Tuesday I thought she would have gained weight from her all time low but she had not. One day at a time.

Can someone be too frugal? I believe my mom was too frugal at times and I do not want to follow that path but have found myself trending that way. I have significant savings, no debts and no close heirs. But still I’ve been scrimping so much that I wondered how I would afford paper towels, shampoo and gas this month. So I moved some money from savings to give myself some breathing room. And instead of trying to find more ways to be frugal I’ve decided to take more from my IRA next year. This isn’t because of inflation. It’s because, again, I have no heirs so why am I scrimping so hard (and I’m not even taking SS yet.)

Pippi has her appointment mid-afternoon. Until then I’m staying home. Yesterday I put out some Christmas decor at mom’s house just for myself and if a neighbor stops by. Also I did more trimming in the yard. Now is a good time to trim while things are not growing in front of my eyes like in summer.

Have a good day.
Yes girl, use your money, You worked hard for it. Enjoy it.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

It was back to work for me. Not as horrible as I expected. But boy we need more experienced help.

I am going to a cookie exchange tonight. I did not like how my cookies came out. I thought maybe I had shorted the first batch a cup of flour, so I made a second batch. Same results. My flour must have had a lot of moisture. But it should be fun.

Have a great evening,
Maggie