Aldis

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Aldis

Post by HappyDaze »

The only thing I have ever tried from Aldi that I didn't love was their brand of coffee - McAdams or something like that. I LOVE their Huntington Home 3-wic candles, they are AMAZING, every bit as good as Bath & Body Works and only $3.99.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I have not shopped there since the pandemic so it’s hard to remember. I agree with Jodi on the Boulder Ultra paper towels. Awesome. These were the ones I was looking for when I looked at the Aldi Instacart website this week and did not find them but it may have been me.

I loved their 12 grain bread and what a bargain. I bought their oatmeal. The cheeses are wonderful especially during the holidays when they have special ones. Soy milk was just as good as the Publix brand. Mom bought their vanilla coffee creamer.

Mom and I did shop their produce - broccoli, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce, oranges, bananas, grapes, berries. Some apples are good. I love Golden delicious apples but at Aldi they were hard. JCKitty always said she didn’t like the stoned fruit there and I agree mainly because peaches and plums always seemed so hard.

I bought their California blend frozen veggies. And I agree about their seasonal special items. I got some frozen crab cakes there that were delicious.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Thank you all SO MUCH!
There is an Aldis in the town where I food shop..about 50 minutes from me.
I am going to go there next week and take my time so I can figure the store out. I will go when it opens so hopefully not many people.
Thank you all for taking the time to answer in such detail. I really do appreciate it!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:22 pm Thank you all SO MUCH!
I am going to go there next week and take my time so I can figure the store out. I will go when it opens so hopefully not many people.
Thank you all for taking the time to answer in such detail. I really do appreciate it!
Trees, you’ll need a quater (.25) for the grocery cart and be sure to have your cloth bags with you. Also, you have to bag the groceries yourself. It was so much easier when mom and I shopped together so if your DH is willing to go with you if you decide to shop a big order there in the future, that would be good. Hope you like it!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

The closest Aldi's to me is half an hour away, but I wouldn't buy enough there to justify the extra mileage and gas. I shop a number of local stores to get the best prices so it has allowed me to actually stay under budget.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:22 pm Thank you all SO MUCH!
Yes, take a quarter for the cart (you get it back when you return the cart. If you didn't bring enough of your own bags, you can buy handled plastic and paper bags at the register. I think plastic is .10, and paper maybe .15.

Have fun!
ohjodi