Daily Check In December 4, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Beverley

Re: Daily Check In December 4, 2021

Post by Beverley »

Quilter,
A while back I ordered a dremel tool (I think from Chewy) for trimming my dog's nails for about $25.00. He will not let me near him with it so I have had to take him out to get his nails trimmed. I tried the tool on my toenails and it works great! It's hard for me to get into the required pretzel position to cut my nails with a clipper so the dremmel works great! It is long enough for me to reach my toes. I use those little sander wheelies on the end of it just like I would for Buddy.

Bev
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Working today. I found a workstation that appears to have gotten some malware, so I have created the proper tickets.

I worked on my budget spreadsheet/Check Register for 2022. I am very happy with how it is looking. I will have to figure out how to start investing.

My friends are going to a local parade of horse drawn carriages. Not sure if I will go or not. I think I will skip dinner afterwards. Eating late is killing me.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Snowy and cold here today so my exercise was done inside. Our sidewalks and roads are extremely slippery as we had a lot of rain a few days ago, the temperature dropped suddenly and it all froze to ice. There’s really nowhere I have to go today for which I am grateful.

Our Covid count has suddenly shot up to over 100, so it’s probably best to hang tight at home anyway. It’s mostly children who haven’t been able to get vaccinated yet. But I heard that boosters for my age group will be available in a couple of weeks, so I just need to be extra vigilant until then.

I have lots of things to do at home and plan to spend the afternoon with laundry, cleaning my bedroom, wrapping gifts , reading and perhaps watching a movie.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Can't believe I actually left the house twice today!!

Went to go buy some church raffle tickets and pick up some tamales

Then later realized I needed baby shampoo so I could bathe my senior incontinent pup. And yea went to the General Dollar store and left with more than baby shampoo

But we go through a lot of hand soap. I like the foaming type - so thought I better get two more bottles. And deodorant - How does it go so fast??

Senior pup is sleeping and now I am mopping and cleaning the kitchen.

The weather is very nice -another short sleeve day - 80 degrees!!! And the sun is shining.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, everyone. I have a kitty cuddled up on my free arm. It's a dreary day and not too warm.

I've been doing some sewing and had to stop halfway to order more fabric for the old quilt I am recovering.

Hope you all have a quiet afternoon.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

AC came on again - darn COD had set the temp to 77.

Seriously - when it is really cold, he wants it at 82 or so - so 78 degrees makes the AC kick on? Why can't he live with it? lol He's not here, so I fixed that.

I've been doing house stuff. Laundry, mopping etc

And also reading online

OMG - already so many xmas festivals going on here in our small county - 4 this weekend. Do people just want to buy, buy, buy, and eat, eat, eat? Am I a Grinch that those type of things just do not appeal to me? :mrgreen:

And the people there - do they really want to be there or feel like they have to be there? LOL

:shock: