Daily Check In December 4, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 4, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Had a bit of a problem falling asleep last night, but that is okay, I still slept very well and feel nice and rested this morning.

I have a kind of busy day ahead of me as far as getting things either started or finished for Christmas. I did finish the second strip of the knitted blanket and got the third black strip cast on. I will be working on getting that done over the next few days. Hope to be on to the white strips come the middle of next week.

I have a short list of a couple of items that I want to get made as to Christmas baking, 2 pans of squares, and perhaps the Shortbread Cookies.

The only real household chore that is listed on the to do is some extra cleaning. I think I will tackle wiping down the windowsills, and cleaning/disinfecting the door knobs.

My shopping scan needs to be sent in for points, and I will be phoning my brother at around 2.

We will also be awaiting a call or text from youngest DS to find out about the mortgage and if he gets to see the house today. Keeping my fingers crossed that he does get a decent amount for a mortgage loan and that the house is available to be toured.

Other than those items, the day is mine to snuggle in and wait for the forecast snow to come. We have a range of snowfall predictions. Some weather pundits say 1-2 cm (just a dusting) all the way up to 10-12cm which is significant. Since this storm is tracking in from Montana, I am going with 5-7 cm. Which ever amount we receive it will be the most snow we have gotten since early last winter. Snow cover is definitely needed here as water levels in our river, creeks and coulees is way down. Moisture is necessary so the farmers can plant next spring.

Supper tonight is going to be either Hot Wings, or Baked wings, rice and a marinated salad. Leaning towards the baked wings.

Today I am grateful that I can sit in the glow of my little Christmas tree upstairs, though one area seems not to have any lights.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In December 4, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I went to bed early last night so I could get my days started earlier. So I was up at 7am!

I am having my coffee and have taken some of the the pets outside already. I have to go get some raffle tickets at noon. Then going to mass later today. Mass for my dad.

It isn't as warm today as yesterday. The AC even kicked on once. It was crazy!

Today is overcast and I can wear a long sleeved shirt and feel comfortable.

Hope all have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I didn’t sleep well but did go back to sleep for a bit this morning. Pippi had a bad day yesterday. No more to say at this point.

Yesterday I received an email from the Stars on Ice skating show. Their 2022 tour has two dates in Florida in April, Orlando and near Fort Myers. I thought I’d buy a ticket to the Fort Myers show (less congested area but further from me) when they go on sale next week. Then I started thinking of stupid Florida where events cannot require vaccinations. Most no longer require masks. So I’ll wait until closer to April and see where we are then. Will it ever end?

I ordered new underwear and a doormat for mom’s house from Beall’s. They now require a $35 order (which I had) for in-store pickup. The pickup is right at the front of the store. For free ship to home the order has to be $89 which I think is a lot, otherwise $8.99.

I also ordered two bottles of my favorite hard-to-find shampoo from Amazon and also two Whitman coin folders for national park/historic sites quarters. I got two rolls of quarters at the bank the other day.

Have a good day everyone.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have rotated my mattress. I have the bottom sheet on my bed.

H-E-B texted me that my order is on the way.

My sheets are in the washer.

I wrapped presents last night. I now need to get the boxes ready to mail. I will mail on Monday.

Penny
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A bit chilly today and I'm a bit tired as I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep.

Have done some coloring already and reading my emails.

Have tossed back and forth the idea of buying a 10lb turkey for Christmas and still keep coming back to it's easier just to buy the meal from a local diner. Can get almost 3 meals out of it and little to no cleanup.

Well that's about it for now.

Have a super day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I hate it when posts disappear into the "where did they go" zone!

I'm in foot pain. Had my first diabetic podiatrist appointment and while cutting my nails there was a blister/sore underneath the nail. Medicated and all that but three days later it still hurts like the devil and I understand now just a toe can sideline an athlete. He also told me I can only see him every 3 months for toenail issues, so I'll still need a pedicure or whatever at least once in between since I cannot cut my own. My daughter said "no wonder so many of my elderly patients have long nails, three months is too long:. Lol. Today there is a fair amount of stuff going on in my town but I think I'm gonna have to settle for some wassail and my regular art on the patio thing this evening.

In other less than happy news, I made a seventy dollar checking account mistake which I found after I had spent money I might not have. Fortunately we are a "smalling down" gift wise to fifty a person for the four people I shop for, and I don't have many "go out and do" type things planned this month although I am hitting the lobster roll truck and a craft fair tomorrow and would like to see "West Side Story" remake and the Denzel Macbeth (but I am happy to go on five buck Tuesday). I did the math, and it looks like even with part B increase I will have right around a hundred dollar increase which will go into savings for a sinking fund type thing, so at least I have done that much of 2022 budgeting.

Today I will quilt and knit, perhaps do some final Christmas decorating, and have hot dogs and baked beans since I am going out this evening. Tommorrow I will attempt a slow cooker version of beef stroaganoff.

In