Daily Check In December 4, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In December 4, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Beverley wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:24 pm Quilter,
A while back I ordered a dremel tool (I think from Chewy) for trimming my dog's nails for about $25.00. He will not let me near him with it so I have had to take him out to get his nails trimmed. I tried the tool on my toenails and it works great! It's hard for me to get into the required pretzel position to cut my nails with a clipper so the dremmel works great! It is long enough for me to reach my toes. I use those little sander wheelies on the end of it just like I would for Buddy.

Bev
i've bought dremel type tools, pet nail cutting thingies, but after all that, they one thing I use is a big toe nail clipper thing made for humans - lol. Not the regular sized nail clipper, but the big size. No problems with that.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne soiree mes amis!

I am just having my post dinner coffee. I had leftover hamburger helper for supper and will have another meal out of that. Probably Monday. When I went to the store this week I got a package of hot dog buns so I could have the last package of hot dogs from the freezer for lunch. I've been enjoying my back to routine lunch.

I woke up at 4:45 am today, not that I wanted to. I looked at the clock and thougt, "what the heck?" Then I heard it. My bedroom window is about 10-15 feet from the line of parking spots for the apartments. A guy on the third floor has a monster truck and just to make the noise inside my digs more amplified, he backs it into his spot. I guess what woke me up was the noise from him using the auto start. It rumbled on until the auto start ran out of time and he started it again. I guess he was warming it up inside. (I thought, man that's a lot of gas!!).He left for work between 5:10 and 5:15 am. I went back to sleep then until about 7:30 and got up to watch my Saturday news program.

They cut into Smerconish for the arraignment of the two parents in Michigan. It was laughable when their lawyer said, "They were going to turn themselves in this morning." The prosecutor said, "They told you they were turning themselves in yesterday too, just before they took $4K out of the bank and disappeared and we had the US Marshalls looking for them for $10K reward." Their lawyer wanted bail bond to be 10-50K. The prosecutor said $500K. The judge gave each of them bail bond for $500K. I gotta wonder about these two clowns. They buy their kid, who they know is troubled, a .22 Glock gun for an "early Christmas present" teach him all weekend how to use it and practice and then Tuesday he shoots up the school. Wednesday they disappear and the kid is in jail without bond and no parental support. But, then again, I read the letters she wrote to trump and she's a real doozy. The hubby too! The kid doesn't seem to have stood a chance!

I went to visit my friend at the hospital today. I did call in advance to make sure I knew the protocols for visiting during COVID-19. I just needed my vaccine passport and to wear a mask (they provided a new one and had you either pocket a cloth one or throw out the other) and ask you to sanitize your hands. I had a good visit with my friend and we had some good laughs. I told him about the crazy lady in Massachusetts who was trying to rid snakes out of her basement by putting smoldering coals to "smoke them out." She left the house and well, her $2 million dollar 10,000 sq ft home burned to the ground but the SNAKES are gone!! :shock:

I then went to Canadian Tire for the ice scrapper they were supposed to have over 60 ins store. Nope. Didn't see a one. I left and figured I can buy another type at the Co-op.

I came home and had supper and now my coffee. I just finished watching Alabama versus Georgia for the SEC championship. Roll Tide Roll! Yah, they smoked Georgia. I was rooting for Georgia's Bulldogs. Next up?
HOCKEY!! The Minnesota Wild are playing the Toronto Maple Leafs. The poor Maple Leafs. They are the losing team of the NHL for so many years it's become a big joke. I guess I'll see how tonight's game plays out. Despite feeling badly for the Maple Leafs, I've gotta go with my Minnesota Wild!! Who knows, maybe I'll see a relative in the audience, being from hockey mad Minnesota, there's always guranteed to be at least one family member at a home game! (if they are playing in Minnesota).

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ

Clem,
I made the beans yesterday and they were so good! I have a few more meals in the fridge waiting to be gnoshed!
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

glad you liked the beans. Keep tweaking the recipe.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We do the cat's claws with a human toenail clipper and clip the tips of the dogs' dewclaws with it. For a real trim, the dogs have to go to the vet.

Update: My rescued quilt is going to be a different pattern on each side. The fabric I bought on sale that ran short was from Rifle Paper Co. and was being discontinued, so it can't be found anywhere. I finally found a coordinating blue from another company to go on the other side.

My DB came through town tonight and I told him the holiday plans, which are to do very little. I won't get any time off before Christmas and am not up to two days of cooking. We will do a little holiday lunch on Christmas Day and that will suffice.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good evening. I have been busy doing my 2022 budget. Things are looking good so far.

Teddi is having severe itching. I think the special shampoo the Vet recommended is stirring things up and making him itch more. Maybe it is supposed to do that to get rid of the bacterial problem he has with his skin? Poor little guy has been miserable. I took him in for an allergy shot today. Very pricey. He has been eating poorly and would not eat at all today despite having a freshly baked pork roast. I finally decided to go into town to get him a roast beef slider to see if that would temp him. He did not eat it right away, but he finally ate. He only gets the meat. I throw the bun away. He has gained 2 lbs since the last time he was there maybe 6 weeks ago. Yikes! His diet has not changed that much except I added some rice or boiled potato a few times. When I did that, I cut back on his meat. I really need to make sure he goes for longer walks instead of his usual in and out to go potty trips.

I was surprised to see a note at the drive-thru at Arby's. Their hours are reduced to 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM. That means their staff will not even be getting a full work shift. Not sure if they are short of staff or short on products? Feel sorry for the workers. Who can get by on 5 hours of work? I am sure they are not getting paid that much.

Have a good rest of the evening.
Janet Alliesmama
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I'm not sure I'll be comfy with a dremmel and I live a pedicure. Clem, I also have thiseclippers but cannot reach my feet.