Daily check in: Sunday, December 5, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily check in: Sunday, December 5, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have another Triceratops almost finished I still need to finish the frill. This one is a bright green. The Triceratops is a much easier knit than the T-Tex. Even the Frill that I was worried about is easy.

For Christmas I still need to cut and then sew 2 Wristlet key fobs. I also have to sew on stuff a Doxie dog stuffed toy.

I have packages ready for mailing. I want to see if there is anything else that I want to put in the boxes. As there still is room.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:49 am It's super early, Hobbes is playing with his flippety-flop fish over and over, DH is rumbling around in the kitchen, and Audrey is lying at my feet. I'm kicked back in the recliner, catching up on posts. Yep...it's one of those nights. We were both awake up about an hour ago and I asked DH, "are you warm?" He said YES and turned on the a/c. Ugh...I just can't sleep hot and it's been this weird type of humid-warm for days now. Thankfully, cooler weather is on its way. At any rate, I think I'm up for the duration, so I thought I'd start us off today.

One nice benefit from this weather is that my rose bush is LOADED with coral colored roses. I haven't checked the red rose bush on the other end of the house but I wouldn't be surprised if it were covered as well. I might ask DH if he’ll cut some for me.

When I got up I thought it was about 6am. I had it all planned out in my head how I was going to fix bacon, eggs, and biscuits and have them ready by the time DH got up. When he got up I told him my plan. He’s gone back to bed now, so hopefully he’ll get some good sleep yet tonight.

Well, I missed my appointment Friday to get my covid booster and second shingles vaccine. Stupid me, I thought the appointment was for 2:30p, but it was actually for 12:30p. Of course, by the time I realized it, it was 12:45. So I booked another appointment for 11:30a today. I keep telling DH, do NOT let me forget it. LOL

I did a Kroger clicklist pickup yesterday and got everything I wanted except cream of celery soup and kitty “broths” for Hobbes. I guess they were cleaned out of the soup over Thanksgiving and just haven’t been able to restock it yet. I’ll keep it on the list for next time. I ordered the broths from Chewy. Even paying the $4.95 shipping fee, they were cheaper there than Kroger. And I got a notice that they’ve been shipped. So we’ll be in good shape for some time to come.

Hobbes is doing well, I think, with the transdermal cream for his hyperthyroidism. He seems to stay hungry, and I think he’s gained a little weight and his fur seems to have a bit more luster. He hates having it done, though, and is completely on to us when it’s time to dose him. The easiest way is for DH to hold him and me to do a quick swipe, but he really gets offended. I always give him a little treat right afterward to ease the sting, lol. But he still comes to me to be petted and made over, and I’m so glad. We have an appointment for him to be rechecked on the 29th of this month and I hope she gives us a good report then. I’m really worried about his kidney levels. With the hyper-T, kidney issues are a common side issue. I lost one cat to kidney disease and so hope that it won’t happen with Hobbes. I just can’t go down that rabbit hole; it’s too dark.

I had my virtual appointment with a new therapist on Friday and I really like her and believe she’ll be able to help me. I had asked for someone who understood chronic pain/disability and boy, did I hit the jackpot with her. She has had her own health issues, which she shared with me just enough to let me see that she is very familiar with mobility issues and all the baggage that goes along with that. I’m really hopeful she can help me navigate my new reality and make it work for me.

Y’all. (insert eye roll here) DH put up a small (4ft) table-top tree for me this year, since I told him I just couldn’t do the 7ft tree we usually do. Anyway, it has clear lights on it, but some of them aren’t working. I’m an old-fashioned girl when it comes to Christmas and I love colored lights. So I found a strand of colored lights in one of the crates and added it to the tree – but they weren’t quite enough to cover the whole thing (I like a lot of lights). Anyway, I asked DH to go in the attic and pull out one strand of lights for me to finish covering the tree. So……….last night he brings in a plastic bag (like a Walmart bag) with lights in it. Wonderful, thanks honey. A little while ago I pulled out the lights. It’s this huge ball of lights, literally. I immediately flash to the Christmas Vacation scene where Rusty pulls out the giant ball of lights and Clark tells him to unravel them – “there’s a little knot here.” LOL. I’m hoping there is more than one strand connected together…otherwise that tree may be bending like the Charlie Brown tree from the weight, lol.

I haven’t been doing a lot of cooking lately and I need to remedy that. I did make a turkey pot pie on Friday night and we had that for a couple days. I’m not sure what I’ll make for supper tonight. Maybe chili. It’s supposed to be an overcast and rainy day, so chili might just hit the spot.

Patty hope you were finally able to get some sleep ?

Glad that Hobbes seems to be doing better. Hope everything looks good when he sees the Vet.

I am happy to hear you have a therapist and hopefully can help you adjust. I know it took me a long time to adjust when I became disabled. You do have a kind and supportive husband and that is good.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:12 am Good morning friends.

Pippi is better. I made a real mistake giving her so much of the new FreshPet food last week. It upset her system and was too rich I think. She threw up several times on Friday/Friday night and has had diarrhea. I had a pouch of kitty broth in the pantry and gave that to her yesterday and went to Publix to buy more. Now I have her back on regular canned food. She is much more herself and alert and as active as she’s been in recent weeks. Friday night I really thought that Saturday was the day I would have to say goodbye to her but she rebounded as she has done in the past. She is a fighter.

I really did nothing yesterday and don’t have any plans for today except for hopefully working on my Christmas cards. I’ve always been a procrastinator when it comes to cards.

It is warm here. My a/c has been coming on. Like Clem’s COD, I have my house set at 77 F. It really is perfect weather, cool at night and warm in the daytime.

I left a Christmas card with a tip taped to my front door for the Amazon delivery guy yesterday but he didn’t take it. I think they are required to work so fast that they are oblivious to their surroundings. My friend was tutoring a Venezuelan couple in English and the guy was working for Amazon delivery. He said they start at 6 a.m. and have to deliver 200 packages a day. Very hard work.

Have a good day and everyone stay healthy.

Florida Cat.. good to hear Pippi is doing better. I hope she continues to do well for a long time.

I once tried to give a tip to my Fed Ex driver because she knew I was disabled, and she brought the huge box in to the living room for me. She refused she said it was her job and they are not supposed to take tips. Not sure if it is the same for Amazon?
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I could not get to sleep last night but finally around 2:30 AM I felt sleepy and went to bed and slept for almost 8 hours. Teddi is still sleeping. Every now and then he will open his eyes to look at me and maybe roll over and change positions. So happy to see him resting since he has been miserable with the itching and scratching since Thursday.

We had a light rain overnight and it is about 42 F. I am not sure how much of a warmup we will have. However, the light rain is here off and all day. A good day to stay in and do some cooking. I have spinach thawed to make a quiche. Also have a gluten free mix to make some rolls to go with it. I still do not have my Christmas tree up. However, with the overcast day it will be easy to set up during the day and see where the lights need to be placed. I think a Duraflame log in the fireplace will make it more cheerful in the great room and make me somewhat more inspired to get things set up.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Slept okay. It is grey and drizzly outside. But 70 degrees

The pets have been out. I've had one cup of coffee. Showered, shampooed and made-up for the day.

Going to 10am mass. Oh oh - be careful the church doesn't collapse!

Then after who knows -

Have a great day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The church survived

We always have a mass said for my dad. Today was 26 years since he passed.