Daily check in: Sunday, December 5, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in: Sunday, December 5, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Have to add that it felt weird going to mass.

Seeing people I had not seen in some time. They are back to having regular communion, shake hands for peace offering. Even thought masks are no longer mandatory - most were wearing one.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

It is snowing once again and actually coming down quite heavily. We could perhaps get as much as was predicted just at a different time.

Taking a bit of a break from knitting but will be back at it very soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

We are under a snow advisory today and up to 25 cm is expected. The snow is coming down pretty hard right now so it’s good to be snug, warm and safe at home with plenty of food to sustain us all comfortably for about a week.

Today I spent decluttering and I put 20 plus years worth of Milk calendars, Kraft magazines and the magazines from Walmart in the recycling. It filled more than a bag. I was a bit sentimental looking over the old calendars, had Dd1’s piano exam appointments, her work shifts during high school,and DD2’s babysitting fees. But I honestly haven’t used many recipes and all that stuff made room for Dh’s CPAP machine and accessories. You can tell we have lived in this house a very long time!

We had a nice chat with Dd1 on the phone and Dd2 had a nice time at her department Christmas party. It’s been a relaxing day and I watched a Christmas movie early in the afternoon.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Creative
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Update: I never did go back to sleep. Have felt wired all day, but I hope I'll sleep great tonight. I got both vaccines in the same arm. She gave me the option and I decided I'd rather just have one really sore arm than two. I was happy to see everyone in the store was wearing a mask. I was able to get the last few gift cards I need for Christmas and I think I'm done. Hallelujah.

I made my chili for supper. It turned out pretty good. I think it tasted better the last time I made it, but I think I didn't change anything. Weird...it's probably just me.

I don't have any appointments this week. Well, therapy on Friday but it's a virtual appointment so this should be a mostly no spend/no drive week. I do need to go to the post office to mail a small box to my sister and get a few more stamps for my Christmas cards, and I hope to do that on Tuesday. I need to finish writing my cards by tomorrow.

I'm still looking at that ball of lights, lol. I'll try to work on them tonight while I'm watching something. DH and I have discovered a lovely show called "Escape to the Country." It's filmed in the UK and is a house hunters show but very British. I love it. Anyway, we're watching an episode each evening. Tonight it showed properties in Norfolk. So lovely. I may never see the English countryside in person, but at least I can see it through programs like this.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

OMG - that is so funny about the ball of lights.

Have to see when I can watch that movie this year.

Need to play with my smart tv more.

I'm addicted to hallmark. LOL
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFtgvOgA96c