Daily check in: Sunday, December 5, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily check in: Sunday, December 5, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Good evening, everyone. I slept late this morning, which is no big news. I could sleep until 9 or 10 every morning without any trouble. :-D

DH has been rewebbing the base of our old Mission chair and having an awful time getting his power stapler to work. So I went grocery shopping without him. My list was huge as it included the Christmas lunch shopping. Total came to $152. Of that, $21 was a ham, $10 was cleaning supplies, $8 was paper towels, $10 was cat litter, and $7 was cat food and treats.

I had a time finding even a handful of cans of cat food for Ollie Cat, who has decided he will only eat Fancy Feast gravy lovers. The grocery store display was almost completely bare. I found five cans. He was very hungry tonight and ate an entire can. I'm happy he has an appetite and just wish more food was available.

DS wants gift cards for Christmas, so I bought those at Food Lion in a separate transaction from our groceries.

It felt like it took me forever to get home today. The weather is overcast, very humid and unpleasant for this time of year. Everything feels damp.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.
Mackie
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good evening,
i spent the entire weekend emptying out and decluttering a hall closet and started the hall cabinets. I also washed a couple more totes and lids found the other day. These jobs have taken me all weekend! I never used to be that slow! I have 3 slide projectors, 15 empty carousels and 2 small boxes of slides all which belonged to my late DH. I considered tossing and recycling but could not make myself do it. I have slides from when we were younger and even slides my grandparents had! Quite a history. So I was able to condense them down to two shelves and that is where they will stay. I hope my kids can use them and enjoy them. DD and her DH are in to photography so maybe they will use and enjoy them. I just don't want to discard irreplaceable items!

I will be donating a bunch of school supplies I have stored now that DS is done with school and I don't expect to do after school programs again. If I do these can all be replaced. Paper, pencils, crayons, etc. Next will be trying to figure out what to do with some old defunct laptop computers that were in the closet. This next week I will start tackling the hallway cabinets. Several shelves contain all of my old vinyl records. Keeping them is a no-brainer....DS has called it "his inheritance". Vinyls are also irreplaceable and have come back in vogue. Maybe slides and projectors will be the same someday.

Well I'm off to relax and do some reading, Take care everyone!

Bev
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

chocolite wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:01 pm Update: I never did go back to sleep. Have felt wired all day, but I hope I'll sleep great tonight. I got both vaccines in the same arm. She gave me the option and I decided I'd rather just have one really sore arm than two. I was happy to see everyone in the store was wearing a mask. I was able to get the last few gift cards I need for Christmas and I think I'm done. Hallelujah.

I made my chili for supper. It turned out pretty good. I think it tasted better the last time I made it, but I think I didn't change anything. Weird...it's probably just me.

I don't have any appointments this week. Well, therapy on Friday but it's a virtual appointment so this should be a mostly no spend/no drive week. I do need to go to the post office to mail a small box to my sister and get a few more stamps for my Christmas cards, and I hope to do that on Tuesday. I need to finish writing my cards by tomorrow.

I'm still looking at that ball of lights, lol. I'll try to work on them tonight while I'm watching something. DH and I have discovered a lovely show called "Escape to the Country." It's filmed in the UK and is a house hunters show but very British. I love it. Anyway, we're watching an episode each evening. Tonight it showed properties in Norfolk. So lovely. I may never see the English countryside in person, but at least I can see it through programs like this.
I love Escape to the Country. There is another one I enjoy to but the title does not come to me. It takes place in France and is similar to the UK one only people are looking at old chateau.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:15 am I love Escape to the Country. There is another one I enjoy to but the title does not come to me. It takes place in France and is similar to the UK one only people are looking at old chateau.
Escape to the Chateau. I love watching them too. &#@! and Angel (Angela) Strawbridge. They both have written a ton of books if you look on Amazon.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have to laugh at the forum auto corrected Mr Strawbridge's name. He goes by the nickname for Richard that is spelled. D--K.
Janet Alliesmama
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:57 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFtgvOgA96c
LOL, yes! It turns out that bag held a set of net lights for our shrubs outside. I knew it was way too heavy for a set of regular lights.
Patty