Daily check in: Sunday, December 5, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily check in: Sunday, December 5, 2021

Post by chocolite »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:15 am I love Escape to the Country. There is another one I enjoy to but the title does not come to me. It takes place in France and is similar to the UK one only people are looking at old chateau.
I've seen commercials for a show called Escape to the Chateau which does take place in France. But I think it's new homeowners trying to modernize and remodel an old chateau, which doesn't appeal as much to me. I'd love to see a French version of Escape to the Country that shows different properties and landmarks.
Patty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:27 pm I've seen commercials for a show called Escape to the Chateau which does take place in France. But I think it's new homeowners trying to modernize and remodel an old chateau, which doesn't appeal as much to me. I'd love to see a French version of Escape to the Country that shows different properties and landmarks.
Patty watch it. If you mean by modernize it, they installed heating and a septic tank, new wiring and plumbing. They are keeping the looks of the Chateau.Yes she has done some updating but she is so creative. I would love to go there some day.
Janet Alliesmama
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Janet, on your recommendation I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks.
Patty