Daily Check in December 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in December 6, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I only woke up once during the night .But I am still sleepy

I still have to finish packing the boxes. But the second Triceratops is finished. I will be knitting more of them.

But first I need to get the boxes packed and the labels printed for the mail person to pick up tomorrow when he/she comes.

I also want to put up my Christmas decorations.

I have a dress wash in the dryer.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I finally accomplished a task I have been putting off

The death benefits claim form. I received the death certificate from the state last week. So Friday I told myself -self - you better go complete this on Monday!

I was going to wait until after lunch - more procrastination, but went at ten

I faxed it and will see how it goes. :shock:
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:44 am Good morning friends.

Things have taken a bad turn for Pippi. We had a good half day yesterday but then she threw up and did not feel well and stayed on the bed the rest of the day. She ate very little yesterday and I even brought her food to her upstairs. Now this morning she got me up but won’t eat her breakfast and does not seem to feel well. I’ll see how things go this morning. She is so skinny. I believe the end is near. My vet is away but at least I have the week and the other vets in the practice. I’m OK. I just don’t want her to be in misery. We had a good Saturday and half of Sunday.

I did some of my Christmas cards and will mail them today. I may go to mom’s house and the Post Office depending on Pippi but I don’t plan to stay long. I talked with cousins in RI. Wife had a blood pressure spike and went to the ER but they didn’t find any signs of a stroke, thankfully. I can tell they are slowing down. They are also frustrated because two adult children and their spouses refuse to get vaccinated.

Have a good day and stay healthy.
Praying for you and your precious Pippi

Pets give such pleasure and take part of our hearts.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

LogicsHere wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:41 am Hi all.

Not sure I'm feeling down because of the weather but I"m struggling to get through the last couple of days.

We (my sister and I and her daughter) were victims of a porch pirate this weekend. We had sent down our Christmas gifts to her grandson and someone stole it. Part of it was returned by a Pizza deliverer who said he found the opened package about a quarter mile away. The packages that remained were all kids pajamas which had been torn open, but the Switch games were gone. We suspect that it was one of the neighbors that they have been having problems with, but can't accuse them without proof. From now on we've agreed that we will send them via mail because they have a special locker to lock them up in if they are too big for their mailbox or use a ship to a UPS store or the Amazon lockers for pickup. It's a shame that this country has come to this.

I'm just not in the mood to do anything right now and that's not me. Even the Christmas movies this year haven't helped much. I wanted to get my web site Advent Calendar updated and working but have lacked the energy. I only hope I'm able to pick myself up out of the doldrums soon because I don't like this feeling.

I'll go for now; have a super Monday.
Very silly question, with porch pirates, does Amazon replace the package?????

I'm so sorry about the loss, no way to live. :evil:

IC

IC
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:17 pm Very silly question, with porch pirates, does Amazon replace the package?????

I'm so sorry about the loss, no way to live. :evil:

IC

IC
Thank you.

Actually we had sent the package via FedEx. Not sure if we can get anything back from them as it absolutely had to be FedEx's fault that it got lost. Between the items in it and the shipping it was around $200 in value. Also as we never expected this would happen we didn't take out extra insurance; so only the basic would of $100 would stand.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

LogicsHere wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:09 pm Thank you.

Actually we had sent the package via FedEx. Not sure if we can get anything back from them as it absolutely had to be FedEx's fault that it got lost. Between the items in it and the shipping it was around $200 in value. Also as we never expected this would happen we didn't take out extra insurance; so only the basic would of $100 would stand.
Will the $100 stand ???