Daily Check in December 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check in December 6, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all.

Not sure I'm feeling down because of the weather but I"m struggling to get through the last couple of days.

We (my sister and I and her daughter) were victims of a porch pirate this weekend. We had sent down our Christmas gifts to her grandson and someone stole it. Part of it was returned by a Pizza deliverer who said he found the opened package about a quarter mile away. The packages that remained were all kids pajamas which had been torn open, but the Switch games were gone. We suspect that it was one of the neighbors that they have been having problems with, but can't accuse them without proof. From now on we've agreed that we will send them via mail because they have a special locker to lock them up in if they are too big for their mailbox or use a ship to a UPS store or the Amazon lockers for pickup. It's a shame that this country has come to this.

I'm just not in the mood to do anything right now and that's not me. Even the Christmas movies this year haven't helped much. I wanted to get my web site Advent Calendar updated and working but have lacked the energy. I only hope I'm able to pick myself up out of the doldrums soon because I don't like this feeling.

I'll go for now; have a super Monday.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:44 am Good morning friends.

Things have taken a bad turn for Pippi. We had a good half day yesterday but then she threw up and did not feel well and stayed on the bed the rest of the day. She ate very little yesterday and I even brought her food to her upstairs. Now this morning she got me up but won’t eat her breakfast and does not seem to feel well. I’ll see how things go this morning. She is so skinny. I believe the end is near. My vet is away but at least I have the week and the other vets in the practice. I’m OK. I just don’t want her to be in misery. We had a good Saturday and half of Sunday.

I did some of my Christmas cards and will mail them today. I may go to mom’s house and the Post Office depending on Pippi but I don’t plan to stay long. I talked with cousins in RI. Wife had a blood pressure spike and went to the ER but they didn’t find any signs of a stroke, thankfully. I can tell they are slowing down. They are also frustrated because two adult children and their spouses refuse to get vaccinated.

Have a good day and stay healthy.
I am very sorry to here that Pippi isn't feeling well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, I am sorry Pippi is feeling so poorly. (((Hugs)))

Janet, I am glad Teddi has perked up and is eating again.

Logics, that is a shame about your Christmas package. :( One thing I do like about ordering ship to store with Walmart is the secure lockers to pick up from. Those are an awesome idea for keeping packages safe.

It's a rainy day here in Tennessee. I had trouble going to sleep and then did not want to wake up this morning. The gloomy weather has not done a lot for my mood.

Although I am feeling zero Christmas-y right now, I was looking at artificial Christmas trees online last night. We want to start doing a smaller tree and our old tree, which is nearly worn out -- it was cheap on clearance from Kmart over 25 years ago, really can't be reduced in size. Everything available locally is pre-lit, which we don't want, so it will have to be ordered. This may wind up being a project for next year, as shipping is so iffy right now.

If the stars align, the other half of our replacement toilet should arrive today and the plumber comes tomorrow to install it. I will be so glad to have our bathroom back to normal, without buckets and pans underneath the dripping parts.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by floridacatlover » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:44 am

Good morning friends.

Things have taken a bad turn for Pippi. We had a good half day yesterday but then she threw up and did not feel well and stayed on the bed the rest of the day. She ate very little yesterday and I even brought her food to her upstairs. Now this morning she got me up but won’t eat her breakfast and does not seem to feel well. I’ll see how things go this morning. She is so skinny. I believe the end is near. My vet is away but at least I have the week and the other vets in the practice. I’m OK. I just don’t want her to be in misery. We had a good Saturday and half of Sunday.

I did some of my Christmas cards and will mail them today. I may go to mom’s house and the Post Office depending on Pippi but I don’t plan to stay long. I talked with cousins in RI. Wife had a blood pressure spike and went to the ER but they didn’t find any signs of a stroke, thankfully. I can tell they are slowing down. They are also frustrated because two adult children and their spouses refuse to get vaccinated.

Have a good day and stay healthy.
{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept okay. Also not feeling all zippy. I wonder how some folks can just go and go and go. :shock:

I am such a procrastinator. I probably need to start exercising again and eating better.

Hope Pippi starts feeling better.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Floridacatlover so sorry to hear about Pippi. You have been such a good cat mama and done everything you possibly can. Hugs to you, my dear friend!

We woke up to a winter wonderland this morning and Dh and I have just returned inside after snow clearing the driveway and back deck. Some areas had drifts almost three feet high, so it took us quite a while. Thank goodness we are both retired and don’t have to worry about getting to work on time. I am grateful Dd2 is in such close proximity to her work. She just donned her snow pants and boots and was able to walk to work, even though wading through the snow. Our residential streets have not been ploughed yet, just the main arteries.

I am disappointed about not being able to get to walking club and photography club today but given the road conditions I am sure they will be canceled and hopefully postponed to another date. The school buses are not running today.

The storm is now over and the sun is now shining! Actually the snow plough just cleared the other side of our street, so everything should be back to normal tomorrow.

Off to make a comforting, spicy curry soup for lunch. And our usual salad.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative