Daily Check in December 6, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check in December 6, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Coffee is calling my name. I will grab a cup and be back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in December 6, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Even before coffee this morning, I hobbled downstairs and started the laundry. I want to be finished with that at an earlier than usual time. I usually have a coffee and visit with all of you first.

As is usual for a Monday I have quite the list of household tasks. I plan on getting those done as quickly as possible so I have time to knit and bake/make candy. I was going to make gingersnaps and peanut brittle today, but think that while the peanut brittle will stay on the to do list, I might do Nanaimo Bars instead. I better get things into the freezer as well as we seem to be doing an awful lot of nibbling.

The snow seems to have stopped for now, and we have another lovely layer of the white stuff on the ground. Hubby will need to clear off the steps once again. Things "are" beginning to look like Christmas and not just a really cold day in the fall.

My roast last night gave me two bags of leftover meat slices for the fridge freezer and a bag of slices for Hubby to make sandwiches. You have to love leftovers where you can make another couple of meals to fill the tummy. Hubby was surprised at how much meat there was left.

So I was looking at the calendar and noticed that while I go shopping this week on Friday, the two week period after would have me shopping on Christmas Eve. That is not going to happen. I plan on braving the crowds on the 23rd (if I go early everything should be okay) and getting what I need for the next two weeks. A day early isn't too bad really, and if I fear that the 23rd is going to be a crush I can go on the 22nd..... Or am I making excuses to leave the 2 week shopping behind???

Hubby kind of, sort of lost his laptop to the floor last night (he said he got startled) and now a corner is broken off and there is a corner of the screen that is black. I think he is going to need a new laptop very soon. Hubby says this one works just fine, but I see it slowly disintegrating piece by piece right in front of our eyes. I might have to find out what the boys are getting him for Christmas and if they are not getting him a new laptop, I will see how much I have in my savings envelop and buy him one from me. Or I could go in with the DS's and help with that one as well. Hmmm, need to find out what is happening and find out quickly.

Supper tonight is going to be some leftover ham. I will more than likely do a pasta bake with it and serve a salad along side.

Today I am grateful that I have my nice warm house, a shawl or blankets to wrap up in and a treadmill downstairs, cause it is cold outside. Right now it is -25*C and with the windchill it feels like -32*C. Time to cuddle up inside.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Things have taken a bad turn for Pippi. We had a good half day yesterday but then she threw up and did not feel well and stayed on the bed the rest of the day. She ate very little yesterday and I even brought her food to her upstairs. Now this morning she got me up but won’t eat her breakfast and does not seem to feel well. I’ll see how things go this morning. She is so skinny. I believe the end is near. My vet is away but at least I have the week and the other vets in the practice. I’m OK. I just don’t want her to be in misery. We had a good Saturday and half of Sunday.

I did some of my Christmas cards and will mail them today. I may go to mom’s house and the Post Office depending on Pippi but I don’t plan to stay long. I talked with cousins in RI. Wife had a blood pressure spike and went to the ER but they didn’t find any signs of a stroke, thankfully. I can tell they are slowing down. They are also frustrated because two adult children and their spouses refuse to get vaccinated.

Have a good day and stay healthy.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:44 am Good morning friends.

Things have taken a bad turn for Pippi. We had a good half day yesterday but then she threw up and did not feel well and stayed on the bed the rest of the day. She ate very little yesterday and I even brought her food to her upstairs. Now this morning she got me up but won’t eat her breakfast and does not seem to feel well. I’ll see how things go this morning. She is so skinny. I believe the end is near. My vet is away but at least I have the week and the other vets in the practice. I’m OK. I just don’t want her to be in misery. We had a good Saturday and half of Sunday.
So sorry to hear about Pippi not feeling well {{HUGS}} to you and a gentle rub behind the ears for her.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:44 am Good morning friends.

I did some of my Christmas cards and will mail them today. I may go to mom’s house and the Post Office depending on Pippi but I don’t plan to stay long. I talked with cousins in RI. Wife had a blood pressure spike and went to the ER but they didn’t find any signs of a stroke, thankfully. I can tell they are slowing down. They are also frustrated because two adult children and their spouses refuse to get vaccinated.

Have a good day and stay healthy.
Florida Cat. I have said a prayer for Pippi and you and hope she feels better soon. I know it is sad to see her not feeling well. ((hug)) your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning, everyone. We are having a lot of wind today with gusts up to 35 mph. Right now, it is (35 F) (1.6 C) but feels like (25 F.) (-3.8C). Not really going to warm up too much maybe (39 F.) (3.8 C).

Teddi is much better. He slept almost all day but would get up and go out on his own power when I would wake him up to go out to potty. He even showed an interest in things by sniffing and exploring when he was outside. He also ate his food without a problem. I need to make a quick trip today to make the 4th installment on my property taxes. That will be a relief.

With the high wind lately a lot of the leaves are gone from the trees in the woods behind my house. I can now see the lake that is on the farm next door that used to belong to my brother. I love seeing the sunlight bounce off of the water. Some year if I live long enough and have the money, I would love to clear some of the trees out of the way so that I can enjoy the view year-round.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama