Daily Check In December 8, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 8, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

I definitely need coffee. Typed in the recipes for MJ and had oodles of mistakes. So getting us started and grabbing a cup of java before going further.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 8, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

My arm is causing me a bit of grief today and did so starting about 2 hours past my booster shot. Which truth be told I was so glad that I had made appointments for as it was not really a walk in clinic at all. Those that didn't have appointments were turned away but promised a phone call if there was any vaccine left after 6 pm. I think they just may have to open a few more clinics and vaccine sites here in my city. It was wonderful to see children getting their shots. All had great big smiles on their faces.

So my objective today is to try and get a few household tasks completed. I hope to get the dusting, more work on my grocery list, a little bit of baking done (might to cinnamon buns using my machine to make the dough) and a good start on the knitting of the white strips.

The sewing/craft room is a bit of a mess once again and now that I have the hall cleaned up it is time to get in there once again.... Seems like it is a recurring cleaning job every month. After that I may do a bit of a tidy in the room youngest DS uses. Tomorrow or the next day I will head downstairs and do the room oldest DS uses when home.

The weather has improved temperature wise, so a bit of a walk to get the blood flowing once again could be in order this morning. After 3 days of below -30* C with the windchill, -12* C will feel great.

Not much else happening here. I may try and have a bit of a nap this afternoon, but I do find it very difficult to sleep during the day.

Frugally, no money will be spent today. Just sticking close to home and using up what I can, where I can. Got to love days like that.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:00 am I definitely need coffee. Typed in the recipes for MJ and had oodles of mistakes. So getting us started and grabbing a cup of java before going further.
Thank you for going above and beyond and providing TWO "dog food" recipes!! I haven't made peanut brittle since I last made some for Dad. I hope I can make some good stuff this year!! Now? Just to get the peanuts!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin mes amis!

I'm up early, for me anyway. I had a nice cozy sleep and am now wrapped in my electric couch throw with my space heater on as I type. It's going to be a routine from now until ?? Winter in my apartment is always like this. I threw my sleeping bag over my comforter so it's just perfectly cozy in bed now instead of slighty cozy.

Today's project is doing laundry. I should get my act together on the few Christmas cards I am going to send out. Stamps are SO expensive to send to the USA and overseas that only a few people will be getting a card from me.

I might get to Dollar Tree today to see about getting Hunter Kitty his Christmas present and then to Pet Lovers' Warehouse to get LIly Gurl her doggy Christmas treats. They have a very unique selection of treats and the last one I bought her there she wolfed down so quickly I thought they had cut it in half for her! LOL
Then? If my brain doesn't give out, I'll see about popping in to Bulk Barn for Peanuts and some Cheese powder for cheese popcorn.

Breakfast is an egg on toast, lunch? I'm not certain. I am out of hot dogs and so I may move over to soup and a sandwich. Supper will probably be spaghetti.

Stay warm out there (or cool depending on your climate!)

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up far too early, 5:30. But I am up showered and dressed.

I have finished and started a 4th Triceratops. This time I am using fingering yarn a fine yarn that will make a smaller Triceratops.

I hope to decorate my tree today. I do have to empty the dishwasher I have already unloaded the dish drainer.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

It is a chilly sunny morning

I slept well last night. Maybe all the excitement from the crazy city council meeting last night.

We almost got kicked out - and by we - everyone in the audience. Our mayor is nuts.

So today I will just piddle around the house. I feel a weight is off my shoulders after being there at the meeting. A lady is even starting a recall petition.

Have a great day.