Daily Check In December 8, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In December 8, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Hello all.

Could really feel the chill in the air this morning when I went out . . . BRRRRR.

Ran out to the grocery store, again, LOL. Can't seem to keep food in the house and yet refrigerator is full.

Since the Thanksgiving weekend, the weekend has felt like weekdays and the weekdays feel like the weekend.

Want to make one last purchase from Amazon this year. Still thinking about anything I might need rather than WANT. Have been looking for a long black skirt but haven't found one in a petite length that wouldn't require much hemming. I'd have to cut off almost 9 inches on the ones I've seen and then that ruins the entire garment. Oh well.

Well, guess I'll go for now. Have a wonderful day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Pippi is not done yet. I’m realistic but the vet thought she still had enough spark in her that we should give her more time. I though that this was the day I would have to say goodbye. They gave her an anti-nausea shot called seroquil (or something like that). She did eat a bit of her dry food this morning and a decent amount of wet food when we got home. The anti-nausea shot was $55 but they didn’t charge me for an exam. I had cancelled her fluids yesterday but she got the fluid today. I have to say all this has stressed me out but at least for today I’m happy. Thank you all for keeping Pippi in your thoughts and prayers.

I had bloodwork this morning. My Christmas door mat is in at Beall’s so I might go later to pick it up. The underwear that was part of the order was cancelled and I’m not too surprised because it said low stock when I ordered.

I left my house a mess - bed unmade, dishes in the sink so I’ll do that after I have some lunch.

Have a good day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:31 am Good morning all

It is a chilly sunny morning

I slept well last night. Maybe all the excitement from the crazy city council meeting last night.

We almost got kicked out - and by we - everyone in the audience. Our mayor is nuts.

So today I will just piddle around the house. I feel a weight is off my shoulders after being there at the meeting. A lady is even starting a recall petition.

Have a great day.
Clem, the beach community where my library is located has had a dysfunctional government as long as I can remember. Part of it revolves around development but mostly it is personalities. There were recalls on the city council few years ago.

I can’t count the number of city managers. The city manager position is currently open and when the candidate they selected from out of the area took a look at the organization, he said no thanks. Now they have picked a candidate with a questionable background. I just saw the headline and haven’t read the details.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good afternoon, frugal friends. I am moving really slow today – slower than my normal turtle self. I woke up aching and out of sorts.

Mackie, in answer to your question – yes, I do a lot better if I can sit and do things. From gathering various baking ingredients to mixing it all together and getting it in/out of the oven, it can feel like a lot – some days more than others. And since I way overdid for Thanksgiving and paid for it for days afterwards, I’m aiming for an easy-as-possible Christmas that will still give us some good food while letting me still be able to enjoy it. I’d rather expend my energy on making a ham. Maybe some scalloped potatoes and rolls to go with. And that’s it.

Jackie, my left arm was plenty sore after getting both shots on Sunday, but today is day three and it’s much better now. So hopefully yours will ease up in a day or two.

Clem, I just can’t believe that elected officials can be so anti-library. I wish you could get that mayor thrown out of office and get someone in who values education and reading. It’s just sad.

Nothing much on the agenda today. I ended up making turkey noodle soup with the carcass yesterday and it turned out so good. Sent a bowl over to our next door neighbor. So supper tonight will be a choice between the last of the chili or the soup. I think I’d be happy with either. I’ve been working on our click list order, but I’m seeing “low stock” notifications on a lot of things, and the sugar cookie dough that I added yesterday is unavailable today, so who knows what I’ll actually be able to get. I won’t place that order until later in the week, though, so maybe things will be restocked by that time. One can only hope.
Patty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Whew, I have been hopping at work today. This is the day all the students leaving for winter break checked out and all the ones staying over for winter break checked in. I was doing check-ins all by myself, and it occasionally got rather hectic. In between, I was helping with check outs. Things finally got quiet around 2 p.m.

So right now I'm drinking a cup of tea and catching my breath.

Last night when I got home from work, the plumber's van was in our driveway. Since they were supposed to be there at 1 p.m., this was not a good sign. They were running way behind and had just started to work on our bathroom, a job which became a series of misadventures. The plumbers had to replace the valve on the water supply line. When they removed the old toilet, the cast iron flange broke on one side. They had to cut it loose and replace it with a new one. Cutting up rusty cast iron in a small space spewed rust and black grime all over the bathroom.

The icing on the cake was that the bowl of the new toilet sent free from American Standard shattered in transit. They opened the box and it was in pieces. Since we had a new tank that was good and an old bowl that was good, I asked them if the two would fit together, and they tried it. It works! It looks a tiny bit odd as there's this flared rim under the edge of the tank where you don't expect to see it, but I'm just glad to have a toilet again, even if it is a Frankenpotty. :-D

I'll be busy this weekend scouring the grime off the tiles and rewhitening the grout. Such fun!

FloridaCat, I am glad Pippi is still hanging in there and eating well after her vet visit. (((Hugs)))
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

chocolite wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:40 pm Good afternoon, frugal friends. I am moving really slow today – slower than my normal turtle self. I woke up aching and out of sorts.

Mackie, in answer to your question – yes, I do a lot better if I can sit and do things. From gathering various baking ingredients to mixing it all together and getting it in/out of the oven, it can feel like a lot – some days more than others. And since I way overdid for Thanksgiving and paid for it for days afterwards, I’m aiming for an easy-as-possible Christmas that will still give us some good food while letting me still be able to enjoy it. I’d rather expend my energy on making a ham. Maybe some scalloped potatoes and rolls to go with. And that’s it.

Jackie, my left arm was plenty sore after getting both shots on Sunday, but today is day three and it’s much better now. So hopefully yours will ease up in a day or two.

Clem, I just can’t believe that elected officials can be so anti-library. I wish you could get that mayor thrown out of office and get someone in who values education and reading. It’s just sad.

Nothing much on the agenda today. I ended up making turkey noodle soup with the carcass yesterday and it turned out so good. Sent a bowl over to our next door neighbor. So supper tonight will be a choice between the last of the chili or the soup. I think I’d be happy with either. I’ve been working on our click list order, but I’m seeing “low stock” notifications on a lot of things, and the sugar cookie dough that I added yesterday is unavailable today, so who knows what I’ll actually be able to get. I won’t place that order until later in the week, though, so maybe things will be restocked by that time. One can only hope.
Funnily enough when I got my first shot I had nothing at all for side effects. The second shot my arm ached, was red and swollen as well as hot to the touch.

This booster was half the dosage of the first two due to my age. Yet, I am having the same reactions, but add in really tired as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/