Daily Check In December9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December9, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. I will get coffee and be right back.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In December9, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Today I have two Zoom activities scheduled; the first a presentation on How to Pay for Long Term Care at 9AM and my Virtual Bingo game at 1PM.

Started reading Washington Irving's Old Christmas yesterday as it is something that has become a bit of a tradition with me.

Have finalized my Christmas activities starting with Sunday, the 19th and am looking forward to having some fun with them. I've only celebrated New Year's Eve formally twice in my life and since I am not really a fan have come up with planning to watch one of my movies titled "New Year's Eve" and then have a celebratory drink when it ends and then to bed.

I did mention that I wrestled with the idea of making a turkey for Christmas but finally decided to go through with my original plan of buying a takeout meal. There's always next year.

Well, I'm going to get started with my day.

Wishing you all a very happy Thursday.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

While I slept much better last night, I am still up way too early, even for me. I think that between household tasks, knitting, baking and trying to get projects completed things are piling up on me. I am not getting things done as quickly as I would like, and now with a sore arm (yes it is still sore and hot to the touch now) things have slowed down even more. I need to take some breathers and perhaps rethink things a bit.

I did not make the cinnamon rolls yesterday, instead I baked gingersnaps, and today I will make the usual shortbread cookies this morning, and get a loaf of bread started. We seem to be going through more bread than usual so I am having to make it a bit more often. I hope to make caramels this evening, they could end up being given as gifts for the most part.

I did get the hallway cleaned yesterday for the most part, I have one little corner that needs a slight tidy, and I also managed to do some of the sewing/craft room. Continuing with those today and adding one of the bedrooms (see I am not getting as much done as I can usually do).

Household chores are the usual for a Thursday morning, with the added extra cleaning of the hall, sewing/craft room, and the spare bedroom. I should be through those relatively quickly. Then baking begins with the bread, and I can head out for a walk about as Hubby calls my morning constitutionals. It is warm this morning already for this time of year.

My grocery list is completed, and boy is it long. I have used up quite a bit from my various pantries and need to replace items. It is also Christmas and special items need purchasing for that. The last two (or is it 3) years I started buying a large lasagna to use for our Christmas Eve meal. Depending on the costs involved this year I hope to purchase another one, but just my luck they have not been on sale this past 3 months. Hopefully they go on sale sometime in the next few weeks.

I sent a text to youngest DS yesterday asking if his brother and he were going together and purchasing Hubby a new laptop for Christmas... Answer was yes, so I told him that I would go in with them both and it could be from all three of us. No idea what they have gotten me, but keeping my fingers crossed for a loom, or some other new hobby idea.

I do not plan on any cash leaving the bank account this day, tomorrow is another story completely. Bills will be paid, and two weeks of shopping done. Lots will be leaving the account that day. Still I am enjoying the not being in stores quite as much, and if it saves me gas, stress, and a bit of ready cash in the budget I am all for continuing the experiment into the new year.

Supper tonight is going to be hot beef sandwiches (hence another loaf of bread needs to be made), mashed potatoes and green beans.

Today I am grateful for the warming up trend. It does make walking outside more enjoyable.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It is a foggy morning here. It’s been very foggy the past few days.

Yesterday I decided to wait until this morning to go to Beall’s for my pickup, thinking it would be less crowded in the morning. But according to Google the store is closed today and will reopen at 6 a.m. tomorrow. Sounds strange. I don’t see anything about special hours on the Beall’s website or in the online ad so I’ll drive over there and hope they are open today.

Also I’ll get gas. I did not buy gas last month without even trying to limit my driving. I still have 1/4 tank.

I cancelled my hair appointment yesterday and will try to get an appointment tomorrow morning. Doubtful. So if that won’t work I’ll try for Tuesday. She is closed on Monday. She is a pet lover and understood why I cancelled and hopefully will understand if I have to cancel again.

Amazon will deliver a package today or tomorrow. (It was supposed to be yesterday.) I’ve never had trouble with porch pirates but given Logic’s experience here in my county, I’ll try to pay attention to the delivery email and pick it up right away. I have a UPS delivery coming, also, but not for a few days.

I decided to go to my friend’s house for Christmas dinner even though her kids are unvaccinated. I hesitated thinking ahead but had decided I’m tired of worrying about Covid and will trust the vaccine. So when she invited me yesterday, I immediately said yes.

My Washington Post online sub expires in early January. I paid $29/year this year. The renewal rate was $100/year. When I cancelled and checked the box that said “too expensive,” they immediately offered me a rate of $9.99/year. How great Is that!

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:18 am
My Washington Post online sub expires in early January. I paid $29/year this year. The renewal rate was $100/year. When I cancelled and checked the box that said “too expensive,” they immediately offered me a rate of $9.99/year. How great Is that!
Great deal!!!!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I was so tired last night, so I went to bed about 8:30 last night. I slept until 5:45 this morning.

I am still tired. This morning I started a dress wash, I had to re wash the dishwasher as I forgot to lock it after I took out a couple of things and put dirty dishes in.

So both dishwasher and washer going.

I still have books to sort through.

I found some more cute patterns to make.

Penny