The Most Frugal Thing You Have Done Recently

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: The Most Frugal Thing You Have Done Recently

Post by MackerelCat »

It was so hot last night that DH mentioned turning on the AC. I said no and we turned on the fan in the den for a couple of hours.

I just finished getting my cooking for the week done. Took the potatoes too small to be baked potatoes and used them and a partial bag of frozen corn to make corn chowder. Also took four apples with some nicks and bruises and made apple-oatmeal muffins.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:50 pm Wow Clem, it got down to the mid 40's last night and was raining. Windows open, heat off, lol. I guess it is all about what you're used to.
It got down to mid 30s here, but the house held the heat pretty well. Still have not turned on the central heat. I just bundle up.

We do have a gas wall heater in the bathroom and that is on. It warms up the CODs room. He gets cold but yet wants the AC set at 72 or so. I'm like - hello - during the "winter" you are freezing at that temp. He will want the central heat at 80 or so.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Before tossing an old pair of sneakers that are literally no longer wearable, I rescued the perfectly good laces to be spare laces for my winter boots.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

1. Used up a little jar of hand cream and refilled it with some lotion to take to work.

2. Ran out of Kleenex at work and did the Tightwad Gazette trick of putting a roll of toilet paper in the box -- it's one of those small cube boxes -- and dispensing the roll out the top.

3. Used binder clips to secure some 3 for $1 skinny plastic baskets in the cutlery drawer to hold measuring spoons and small odds and ends.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Burned my breakfast (cheese toast) this morning. Scraped off most of the burned part and ate it anyway.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:42 pm Burned my breakfast (cheese toast) this morning. Scraped off most of the burned part and ate it anyway.
Sheila whenever we accidentally burn things, we call it" deliciously brown." That is a term my Mom used once when my sister complained about her toast was burned. lol.
Janet Alliesmama