The Most Frugal Thing You Have Done Recently

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: The Most Frugal Thing You Have Done Recently

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:23 pm Sheila whenever we accidentally burn things, we call it" deliciously brown." That is a term my Mom used once when my sister complained about her toast was burned. lol.
Janet, I like that and will surely remember it for next time - and I'm certain there will be a next time, lol.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Found two receipts on the ground at the grocery store - brought them home and scanned them into Fetch Rewards. Washed my hands. Cooked my homemade "oven sandwich" while the oven was preheating and it was done before the oven reached temperature. Shut the oven off and left the door open to let the heat into the kitchen.
Last edited by HappyDaze on Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:42 pm Burned my breakfast (cheese toast) this morning. Scraped off most of the burned part and ate it anyway.
My Mom did this all the time for us when we were growing up.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

A little char is actually good with peanut butter toast. It cuts the sweetness. But I could be weird that way.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:54 pm A little char is actually good with peanut butter toast. It cuts the sweetness. But I could be weird that way.
I love crispy toast, crispy pancakes, crispy bacon!!!
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

It's winter and the temperature is

It is winter and the temperature is -3 right now. We wear shoes or slippers in the house whenever it is cold enough for the furnace to run. Bare feet or just socks will make you feel cold all over.

Regards,
JGomez