The Most Frugal Thing You Have Done Recently

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: The Most Frugal Thing You Have Done Recently

Post by HappyDaze »

I'm with you JGomez - slippers all the time. I have 4 pairs of them - one that needs mending and that's on my to-do list.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I've been wanting some return address labels. The free charity ones ran out a long time ago (I do donate five bucks when they send these to me), and I haven't gotten any more free ones in a couple of years. I do not want to bother printing my own.

And yes, I like to be lazy and not write out my return address if I don't have to.

Looking online I see that they're all a lot more than I want to pay. I did find a site www.500Labels.com where you get 250 sheet labels for 5.45 and 1.99 ship. That's .03 each. They're very plain labels.

As I was "designing" them I played around. How would it look with just my last name. How about if I didn't use my name at all, since it's not at all necessary.

Then I thought.........well, actually, the city and state isn't necessary if you have the zip code, ha ha

But it's pretty silly to pay for labels that have almost nothing on them :-)

A-HA! I just won't buy labels, and will just write my street address and zip code as my return address!

4567 N Main St

Now that SUPER FRUGAL with money, and FRUGAL WITH TIME AND EFFORT!

TA-DA!!
ohjodi
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ohjodi wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:16 am I've been wanting some return address labels. The free charity ones ran out a long time ago (I do donate five bucks when they send these to me), and I haven't gotten any more free ones in a couple of years. I do not want to bother printing my own.

And yes, I like to be lazy and not write out my return address if I don't have to.

Looking online I see that they're all a lot more than I want to pay. I did find a site www.500Labels.com where you get 250 sheet labels for 5.45 and 1.99 ship. That's .03 each. They're very plain labels.

As I was "designing" them I played around. How would it look with just my last name. How about if I didn't use my name at all, since it's not at all necessary.

Then I thought.........well, actually, the city and state isn't necessary if you have the zip code, ha ha

A-HA! I just won't buy labels, and will just write my street address and zip code as my return address!

4567 N Main St

TA-DA!!
I guess I am old, I don't use labels and I have a stack of them. Mainly because they only have my name on them and mostly anything I send out via mail is from Hubby and I.

I love seeing our name and address on the return portion of an envelope. Brings back memories of pen pals, writing to cousins, and friends.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

The most frugal thing I have done in awhile (and this was a bit ago) was to take apart a knitted throw, wash the yarn, and when dry roll it up into balls to be reused. In fact I am using some of that cotton yarn to knit my dish cloths this year.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

What a great rescue and reuse of good yarn, Jackie!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ohjodi wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:16 am I've been wanting some return address labels. The free charity ones ran out a long time ago (I do donate five bucks when they send these to me), and I haven't gotten any more free ones in a couple of years. I do not want to bother printing my own.

4567 N Main St

TA-DA!!
LOVE this! If I didn't have the free labels I would do the same. You are kinder than I am - I don't send a donation when I receive unsolicited labels in the mail.

Charles M. Schultz