Daily Check In January 10, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In January 10, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Update

I cut out and pressed interfacing for 7 more denim key fobs. I have 7 clipped to sew later.

I also cut up and portioned out my pot roast. I got 6 dinner portions and 2 containers of broth and meat to make into soup.

As a result I am very tired now. I still have more to do but I did make progress. I wanted all the fat etc., to go out in tomorrows trash.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:43 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

We are a balmy -19*C right now and there is very little wind chill. That's only -3*F. How great is that. I may get my washing started and a few other household tasks and head out for a bit of a walk about. It will be wonderful to be out in the fresh air after days of being stuck inside.

I fell asleep reading last night so am up pretty darn early today. That is just fine as I have plenty of work to accomplish around the house and I can conceivably get lots of small easy chores done before I leave the house.

Coffee is however tasting especially wonderful today for some reason, so it may be a more than 2 cup morning, could be looking at a 3 or even 4 cup day. Thank heavens for my own make it yourself K-cup. Pretty expensive coffee morning if I used just the ready made K-cups. I have to pull out the grinder and make more ground coffee as my container is almost empty now.

I put away the rug for a bit and will be working on my quilt top this week. I hope to get more of it hand quilted, and while doing so try and figure out what the borders binding will be. I do have some beige fabric (actually lots of it) but I am not sure how it will look. I may have to break down and see if there is a sheet in my backing collection that I could use.

I am also half way through the 6th dish cloth and will more than likely finish that tonight. I will be casting on for the first of three scarves by the end of the night.

I think that the smaller projects for the month will be done very quickly. It is those larger ones (quilt and rug) that will take a bit longer. I also need to work on something fabulous for the reunion this summer (that is if we actually can gather), and for the silent auction. I am not too sure if we made enough cash at the last one to pay for the meals this time around.

I do not plan on spending any cash today and continue working on clearing things out. I was going to have soup and sandwiches for supper tonight but, and it is a big but, as it is our 46th Wedding Anniversary, I just might change it to something a bit more special (though we both enjoy a good soup and sandwich meal) and clean out the fridge a tiny bit more. I just have to see if Hubby has eaten all the leftover turkey from Saturdays meal. I have a plan for it if still in his sandwich meat drawer. If not, soup and sandwiches it is. I would actuallthy find that a treat, no real cooking.

Today I am grateful that it looks as if I will get out for a walk today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Happy Anniversary Jackie!!!!! Many more!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Nice sunny but kind of cold day here - yea some of you would laugh at us - lol

Still trying to get my ill sibling to comprehend things about her health. Kind of hard.

We sort of ganged up on her at the grocery store yesterday. She is not supposed to eat salt and what was she buying - salt pork, a salad with deep fried chicken strips. Things like that.

I"m trying to get her to start using specific diet meals from Mom's Meals. But she thinks they are Meals on Wheels and is "not ready for that".

I am ready to just wash my hands of all of this.

I set up my mom's care at the nursing home. Would take her to appointments. Did the same for my oldest brother.

She has two kids. She always tells me - You don't know - You don't have kids. Well lets see what they and you know - :mrgreen:

Very frustrating.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I've actually been thinking about those with my non cooking self. How much are they?
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:11 pm I've actually been thinking about those with my non cooking self. How much are they?
about 6.99 a meal

https://www.momsmeals.com/

and in some cases - Medicare, Medicaid and your health insurance provider might pay for them!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:21 pm about 6.99 a meal

https://www.momsmeals.com/

and in some cases - Medicare, Medicaid and your health insurance provider might pay for them!
She spent two weeks in the hospital last year for her heart issues. And she really liked the food they brought her. And the meals they have for heart patients are basically the same thing.