Daily Check In January 10, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 10, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Just starting us off. Going to get some coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In January 10, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning Jackie..and all.
I am up early for me. Just couldn't sleep so I might as well get up.
Pretty cold here. DH and I are going to grocery shop a little later.
Off to get breakfast.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We are a balmy -19*C right now and there is very little wind chill. That's only -3*F. How great is that. I may get my washing started and a few other household tasks and head out for a bit of a walk about. It will be wonderful to be out in the fresh air after days of being stuck inside.

I fell asleep reading last night so am up pretty darn early today. That is just fine as I have plenty of work to accomplish around the house and I can conceivably get lots of small easy chores done before I leave the house.

Coffee is however tasting especially wonderful today for some reason, so it may be a more than 2 cup morning, could be looking at a 3 or even 4 cup day. Thank heavens for my own make it yourself K-cup. Pretty expensive coffee morning if I used just the ready made K-cups. I have to pull out the grinder and make more ground coffee as my container is almost empty now.

I put away the rug for a bit and will be working on my quilt top this week. I hope to get more of it hand quilted, and while doing so try and figure out what the borders binding will be. I do have some beige fabric (actually lots of it) but I am not sure how it will look. I may have to break down and see if there is a sheet in my backing collection that I could use.

I am also half way through the 6th dish cloth and will more than likely finish that tonight. I will be casting on for the first of three scarves by the end of the night.

I think that the smaller projects for the month will be done very quickly. It is those larger ones (quilt and rug) that will take a bit longer. I also need to work on something fabulous for the reunion this summer (that is if we actually can gather), and for the silent auction. I am not too sure if we made enough cash at the last one to pay for the meals this time around.

I do not plan on spending any cash today and continue working on clearing things out. I was going to have soup and sandwiches for supper tonight but, and it is a big but, as it is our 46th Wedding Anniversary, I just might change it to something a bit more special (though we both enjoy a good soup and sandwich meal) and clean out the fridge a tiny bit more. I just have to see if Hubby has eaten all the leftover turkey from Saturdays meal. I have a plan for it if still in his sandwich meat drawer. If not, soup and sandwiches it is. I would actuallthy find that a treat, no real cooking.

Today I am grateful that it looks as if I will get out for a walk today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning, everyone. I slept well for almost 7 hours straight. That is a new record for me. I usually only sleep 4 to 5 hours. I woke up around 5:00 AM. It is 16 F with a windchill of 6 F. However, it is going to warm up to around 35 F by this afternoon.

I decided to wait until tomorrow to buy my stove. I have to take my car in for service tomorrow. My aide will pick me up and we will do some shopping and kill time in town. Hopefully it will be something they can fix in the time we have for her to be with me. Otherwise, it will have to stay in the shop overnight.

My new mailbox arrived yesterday. I need to put the address numbers on it. I need to pick some u tomorrow. Hopefully my neighbor can work me into his busy schedule and put it up. He retired last year but so many people want him to help with things. I do not know how he manages all that he does. He has a farm too and he and the man that bought my brothers farm have combined their herds and help each other out with feeding and alternate pastures between the two farms.

I have all of my Christmas decorations down and off of the tree. Still need to pack up things and store them. The tree is in three sections. I will slide them down the stairs to the basement.

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Stay safe.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Jackie, Happy Anniversary to you and your DH!

I slept well. Last evening I felt anxious -mostly about my eyes - and took an anxiety pill so that helped with sleep.

Soon I’ll go to the grocery store and hope to get in and out fast. I could get by but want some sale salad mix and I’m desperate for crackers. So will buy more soy milk and produce to hold me over hopefully until after Omicron peaks here.

Late morning my friend will help me familiarize myself more with Zoom. Then I’ll go to mom’s house and drop off the Christmas tree and perhaps work a bit in the yard. We are supposed to have a cold front come through tonight.

Have a good and safe day. (Omicron is everywhere. My favorite skater, Jason Brown, made the Olympic team but his coach who he drove with from Atlanta to Nashville because of weather and flights has Covid. I hope he doesn’t get it but it doesn’t sound good.)
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Cold here today; 28 Degrees F., with a wind chill of 13 degrees. Super windy too. The cold temps leave my hands so very dry; I have to keep Vaseline Intensive Care on them.

Glad the weekend is over . . . for some reason, they seem to pass by slower than the week, but just think, by this coming Saturday we'll be half-way through January already. Hard to believe.

Took out some of my cardboard for recycling today. I left one large box as it had gotten hidden behind several pieces and I didn't realize it needed to be broken down a bit further . . . oh well, next week hopefully or I could break it down and just drive it up to the bins myself.

Have been going through my coloring folders as the local library is starting up the classes again starting today. I'm still very much concerned about the virus as I know what I've done, but don't know how careful the others have been. The group is small and they do a good job at spacing everyone out, but I still intend to double mask.

I did manage to do half my laundry on Saturday but decided to hold off on the other half to do tomorrow, but it will be even colder. Have decided that I won't put it off past Wednesday however.

I have my Monday morning chat this morning at 10:30 so that's a good part of the morning taken up as it doesn't usually break up until somewhere around Noon. This is the second week of the month so there will probably a presentation on Thursday for our "Breakfast Club". How I miss those free breakfasts LOL.

Well going to run for now. Try to stay warm and have a wonderful day.