Daily Check In January 11, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In January 11, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. It's sunny and near freezing, but things are supposed to warm up a bit today.

I've been sipping ginger ale instead of tea this morning because my tummy was unsettled after I was home for the evening. Been eating too many things with some cheese in the ingredients, I suspect.

So far it's a quiet morning. Yesterday I checked in a lot of latecomers. What with snow, ice, flooding, and illness, we had about 40 students arriving late from various parts of the state. In between all that, we received a pile of packages for them to pick up. It was a busy day and I was very tired when I arrived home. Did my laundry, sneaked the neighbors' ducks and chickens a snack of dry brown rice over the fence, and played with the dogs before going to bed early.

I put in for this Friday off and my lovely boss is allowing it. That will give me a four-day weekend, as next Monday we are closed in observance of MLK Day. Being off Friday also gets me out of a large in-person training event. I could use the training, but that it's in-person these days with no online option is completely nuts.

Hope you all have a peaceful day and stay snug.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I surprised myself by sleeping until 7:15.

No big plans for the day, I do hope to sew the key fobs and then put them aside when finished.

I need to decide on other presents for the rest of the year. If I start now I might be able to knit some presents for Christmas this year. I refuse to push myself.

Dinner today is the last of the pot roast with potatoes. I have 2 with just carrots in the freezer than 2 containers of meat and broth for soup.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Had a terrible rough night of no sleep. These pups - omg. I'm all shaky now and just want to stay in bed - but of course I cannot.

3am, 4am, 5am, 6am, -

At least the sun is nice and bright and it wasn't too cold out there when I took blind pup outside.

My cousin is supposed to come cut the grass today. Hope to get a nap in today.

Have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:48 am Good morning all

Had a terrible rough night of no sleep. These pups - omg. I'm all shaky now and just want to stay in bed - but of course I cannot.

3am, 4am, 5am, 6am, -

At least the sun is nice and bright and it wasn't too cold out there when I took blind pup outside.

My cousin is supposed to come cut the grass today. Hope to get a nap in today.

Have a great day.
(((Hugs))) Pets are wonderful but a lot of work, too. Take care of yourself, Clem.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:25 am I surprised myself by sleeping until 7:15.

No big plans for the day, I do hope to sew the key fobs and then put them aside when finished.

I need to decide on other presents for the rest of the year. If I start now I might be able to knit some presents for Christmas this year. I refuse to push myself.

Dinner today is the last of the pot roast with potatoes. I have 2 with just carrots in the freezer than 2 containers of meat and broth for soup.

Penny
Penny, so often when I read your posts I admire how much you get done even on days when you are in pain. To me, you are the picture of slow and steady wins the race. You stay busy but are careful not to overwhelm yourself.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good (still) morning!
9 degrees here and lots of ice.
DH and I did get the grocery shopping done yesterday and really stocked up. Double masked and as fast as possible.
Spent a good while when I got home using my food saver and packaging everything up for the freezer.
I have been using my instant pot more.
Clem..you need a BIG nap today.
I so hope that Kitty and her family are okay.
Have a good day everyone.