Daily Check-in: January 12, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalaaron

Daily Check-in: January 12, 2022

Post by frugalaaron »

Good day, everyone. I need to practice writing 2022, instead of 2021. So, I thought I would start us off.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in: January 12, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Not a whole lot new. Work, work, work. I did finally take the *last bin down to my garage and put away Christmas. * I have a container of Christmas wrapping paper that still needs to go down.

I am eating from home. saving on gas $$ by staying home. Avoiding omnicrom... Feels like a mere existance.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:45 am Good Morning,

Not a whole lot new. Work, work, work. I did finally take the *last bin down to my garage and put away Christmas. * I have a container of Christmas wrapping paper that still needs to go down.

I am eating from home. saving on gas $$ by staying home. Avoiding omnicrom... Feels like a mere existance.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, when you can get out and walk. I know you are finding this hard, but being outside in the fresh air and sun really can perk you up. I am more of an introvert so this having to avoid the various variants is not really bothering me.

On your days off can you do Zoom meetings, or Facebook Rooms with friends that are farther away? They have been wonderful to use for us to see our sons when they can't make it home.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is a bit cooler today (was supposed to be much warmer than yesterday) but I still should be able to put on my cleats and head out for a walk. The last couple of days being able to be outside in the fresh air have been wonderful, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for a few more days of this weather.

We are supposed to get a large dump of snow come late Thursday or Friday of up to 5-6 inches, so I think I will be shopping a bit earlier than planned. Still close to the two week period of time though.

I am working on hand quilting and my that seems to take a very long time. I am not even half way around the outside edge. I also think that the idea of a frame that makes your regular sewing machine a long arm quilter might not be a bad idea.... Well if it didn't cost what it does that's for sure. This quilt is just too large to fit under the neck of my quilting machine and thus leaves me no choice but to hand quilt.

I finished one of the three scarves I want to complete last night before heading to bed, I will cast on the next tonight and hopefully get a good start on that one.

Now, as for what I didn't do last night. I didn't go to the meeting for Bible Study leaders, I just didn't feel like it and with the variant taking hold here in my city did not want to chance getting it. So I sent my regrets and have not heard a thing from Father or C. I am also waffling on if I want to be a leader for the next session. I might just take a break and relax for a change. Might just take the class on my own or if the program does not interest me, find a study online that does.

My to do list is fairly lengthy today, but most of the tasks are small. Except for one I plan on decluttering and organizing one set of my cupboards. This one holds baking supplies, large bowls, an appliance or two, plus has my junk drawer and silverware drawer. Could take a bit of time.

I also have to check and see if I need to make a loaf of bread or if that can be put off for a day or two.

The fliers come out today for the new grocery sale week starting Thursday so I will finish my list by seeing what I can get on sale to add to the pantry, and what is available for use in next months (or the next) menus.

Hopefully by the afternoon I will be hand quilting away and getting more done on the quilt before I put it away for awhile.

Supper tonight is going to be chili. Probably served with toast (means either baking bread today or early tomorrow). The good thing is I don't have to make it from scratch, I will just pull a container out of the fridge freezer to use up. Big batch cooking seems to work for me (as long as I don't forget what I have).

Today, I am grateful for my quiet and contemplative walks happening once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I feel like that too a good bit of the time, Maggie. Although we do have our little dogs to entertain us and dote on, and that helps a lot.

DH and DS were both under the weather yesterday, and DS stayed home from work today. DS was tested again for Covid. DH was feeling better today: he managed a good bit of sleep between a two-hour nap in the evening and sleeping well overnight. I think for DH the problem is overwork and stress and for DS it's his allergies.

It's still below freezing this morning. Things warmed up enough yesterday afternoon that we had some frozen dew and fog this morning. My aching knees are ready for winter to over. :-D

Hope you all have a peaceful day and stay snug.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I slept a lot better last night. First time I woke up was 5am. Now it would be nice if the first time I woke up was 8 or so. Probably won't be happening any time soon.

I am going to go out and have breakfast. I don't know how they get up so early.

They must go to sleep early.

oh well. I am hungry. Now just have to get the energy to get dressed.....

Have a great day.